Energy Reference Connoisseur

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by CameronR, Oct 18, 2005.

1. CameronR

CameronR Auditioning

hi,

i posted this on a local (australian) forum on saturday night, but it's only been viewed twice with no replies, so i thought i'd post it here. i hope this isn't against forum etiquette.

i noticed energy have new speaker lines and wondered if anyone had listened to the reference connoisseur yet?

i'm currently tossing up between these and the dali suites. to be honest, i've yet to hear either, but i've got a pair of older dalis (3b, i think) and have been very happy with them over the years. just need to find somewhere in sydney that has the suites set up to listen to.

the only place i know that has the energy's is one i'm not keen to return to in a hurry. last time i was there the sales guy made me feel unwelcome (not very happy to move speakers around, just wanted to push the sale). that was for the previous lines. i may have to find somewhere else that stocks them.

so anyway, back to my original question (sorry for the dump), has anyone actually heard the new energy's?

thanks
    cam

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I too am considering these. I talked to Mark from audioshop.on.ca and he raved about them. You might want to send him an email for his thoughts.

3. Bob Marker

Bob Marker Stunt Coordinator

Soundstage recently posted a review of the new RC-10. They absolutely loved the speaker, claiming it redefines their expectations for what is possible in this price range.

Bob