What's new

Energy Loudspeakers (1 Viewer)

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a pair of Energy XL16's and a energy center channel speaker. in addition to that i have a DCM1212 subwoofer and a pair of rebuilt yamaha speakers. next spring i will be looking into replacing my yamaha mains. i have been really pleased with energy speakers but i havent had a lot of experience with other speakers. is there any type of speakers that you would recommend for my system? I am looking to spend $400-$500. id like to have floorstanding, but if i can get better bookshelves ill go for those.

thanks

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
does no one have experience with energy speakers? i was thinking about getting some axioms but i dont know if they would sound good with what i have.

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
Andy to clarify, the XL16's are for surrounds and you will only be getting rid of the Yamahas that you are using as mains? And your centre is from the Xl line, correct?

If that is correct I would suggest the XL-250. I have not heard it but it should match up with your centre. They are a little bit over your budget though.

I have not heard the Xl-250, I have C-5's as my mains. So as always try before you buy, and listen to many different brands to get an idea of what sound better to you.

If you were to go with the Axioms you may want to consider changing all three up front to keep it consistent. I have found differences from front to back is less of a concern.

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
what you described about my system is correct. i havent looked at the prices of the xl-250 but if its over $500 i wont be able to afford them right now. to be honest, i love the xl-16's. when i got them the dealer said that they would make suitable mains as well. i may just go ahead and get another pair for my mains if they are still avaiable, or get the next closest line to them. bookshelfs are nice since they take up less space, but i like the idea of floorstanding mains.

do you have any recomendations on how to listen before i buy. there are no dealers in my town.

thanks

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
does anyone know what the xl-150s are selling for? i cant find anything on the web for price.

thanks

Alex F.

Second Unit
Andy:

I don't know if this is useful to you or not (regarding tonal matching with your current Energys--I'm not familiar with them), but the trusty folks at Audioadvisor.com are selling the Energy Veritas 2.1 for $500/pair (half off the $1000 list price).

If you're not familiar with Audio Advisor, they have a generous in-home trial policy.

Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks