energy encore system

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by gianfrancs, Oct 11, 2003.

1. gianfrancs

gianfrancs Auditioning

I'm considering an energy encore system for a HT. Room is 20' by 15'. Any comments?

2. Ben LG

Ben LG Stunt Coordinator

I have not heard the encoresystem but I just picked up the Energy S8.2. I had high expectations from reviews Ive read and recommendations from others on this little sub and I can say I have not been disappointed. I cant believe how low this thing gets, everytime I have turned on this sub to listen to some music my ears always gets popped! [​IMG] After hearing the sub, I am seriously considering replacing my floorstanders with the entire Take 5.2 system to save some space without sacrificing quality plus they look so damn slick. [​IMG] Has anyone compared the Encore to the Take system?

3. Chad_Henry

Chad_Henry Stunt Coordinator

I'm running Energy Encore speakers in a medium size room with large openings to other areas. They sound great for the price.

In my case the wife demanded wall mountable speakers in the living room, so I auditioned a number of brands and models. The Take system sounds good but the Encores have a much better midbass sound and less distortion at higher volume levels. They're also more full, where the Take system can seem bright at times. The center channel in the Encore system is much better as well.

I agree with the good reviews of the Take system, but the Encores are definitely worth the extra money if you have it. As for the LFE, I don't know how the Encore sub would deal with a larger room, I'm going to run my newly received (but unfortunately not yet hooked up!) SVS 20-39 PCi with them.

HTH