What's new

Energy e:XL-S8 x Sony SA-WM40, which ont to keep ? (1 Viewer)

Irens Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Take 5 (first series) package with the e:XL-S8 sub and now I have a change to choose between this sub and the Sony SA-WM40. From the Energy specs their sub goes as low as 29hz and the Sony goes as low as 20hz. Both have 100w amplifiers. I can't make up my mind.

Which one would you guys pick ? Does the sub need to match the speakers ?

Just as info I have a Sony V333ES.

Thanks for any help

Jr.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I'm using a Definitive ProSub 100, which comes with the ProCinema series. I'm very happy with the Definitive, but I wonder if the Sony SA-WM40 (or a pair of them) would outperform my Definitive.....

J

John Morris

Which one would you guys pick ? Does the sub need to match the speakers ?
Irens: I have both of these subs, and prefer the Energy sub. For movies, both subs do a good job but for music, the Energy sub seems to have a slightly lower distortion level at higher volumes. And no, the subwoofer does not need to match the speakers. Just take a look at all of us SVS sub owners and you'll know that to be true.

Irens Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the input John

I have the Energy sub and a friend of mine overseas asked me to by a sub for him. He said that I could keep the Sony if I wanted and send him the Energy.

The fact that the Sony goes lower (by the specs) got me curious if I should keep the Sony and send him the Energy.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks