What's new

Energy Crisis? What Energy Crisis! (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I am not too impressed by any science publication (website or otherwise) who quotes a playwright to make a point, especially since some renowned scientist is bound to have said the same on record, something a little research might have uncovered.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a scam. It is hard to take something like this seriously when the principles involved refer to the process as "the technology" without ever giving a clear explanation of the actual operating principle of "the technology".

They are publicly asking for independent scientific verification of their "technology" then completely avoid saying what the technology is. It just sounds like a lot of nonsense.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
"We have developed a technology that produces free, clean and constant energy.

This means never having to recharge your phone, never having to refuel your car. A world with an infinite supply of clean energy for all.

Our technology has been independently validated by engineers and scientists - always off the record, always proven to work."

Always off the record? Huh???

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Perusing through the forum on that site, I see the usual moonbats are in there posting about "death threats" and "these machines have been made before, but those inventors are dead, killed off by Big Oil" theories. Yes, the old "killled off by Mobil and Exxon" conspiracy that claimed the lives of every scientist who ever found a new source of energy. Except of course, the scientists who actually found a new source of energy, who received massive government funding and were encouraged to refine it to the point where it can supply entire regions with power. Most of who lived to a good old age (unless they were struck by cancers due to their research). Unusual that "Big Oil" sends it's covert ninja hit teams to kill every tinkerer who claims to have built a perpetual motion machine; but what Fermi and company hath wrought faces it's biggest enemies in the form of Birkenstock wearing 60's leftovers. ;)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

You just quadrupled the reasons for not trusting a quote from him used to comment on scientific issues.

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
"But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."

Oh, that is awesome! I love it.

The fact is, while new sources for energy production may be found (actually just new ways to release stored energy), the best science needs to be tuned toward energy efficiency. All the fears over oil depletion and peak oil could be put to rest if the eficiency of personal transportation could be increased from the appalling 18% for current internal combustion engines to 80% or higher, which is possible for electric vehicles made with lightweight composite materials. Solar, wind, nuclear, and biofules could do the job with the help of technology (such as celluse-based ethanol), and advances in efficiency.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ah, but it's not whether you're laughed at that makes you a genius, it's whether (after they laugh at you) you can laugh BACK at them (when your 'crazy' idea gets realized). ;)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'll wager anything with anybody that the people who are the subject of this thread won't be able to do such laughing. The only laughing they'll do is from the suckers who buy into their idea.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

In my library, I have a book entitled Foundations of Cellular Neurophysiology. The cover illustration is this:

Sometimes a cover illustration is just a cover illustration. Sometimes an aphorism is just an aphorism.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I've seen videos like that in various quarter joints in mid-Manhattan. Usually in the Chinese section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks