Energy Connosieurs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Amayao, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

HELLO JUST WANTED TO LET FOLKS KNOW WE GOT THE NEW ENERGY CONNOSSIEURS AND THEY SOUND AWESOME ESPECIALLY FOR THE PRICE ... WENT TO VENDOR TRAINING AND HEARD THESE THEY SOUND AWESOME ..... AND GOT THE FIRST OF THE SEXXY LINE IN THE C5BLACK .... PUT THEM THROUGH THEIR PACES AND THEY SOUND AWESOME ..... JUST WANTED TO RANT AND RAVE EXCITED SEE ..... I WORK AT A ENERGY DEALER ON THE WEST COAST ... IM NOT REALLY SURE IF IM ALLOWED TO SAY RETAILERS NAMES ONLINE BUT OH WELL .....

2. Andrew JC

Andrew JC Stunt Coordinator

Mark, Do you have pricing for the new C series? I was told there is a subwoofer in new line is that true?

3. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

How do they compare to the Veritas line in both performance and price?

4. Mark Amayao

so far all weve received is the c5 which is a 3 way tower ..... 374 per tower ..... so far energy reps stated that no subwoofer yet ..... they used an s10.2 for their demo ....... oh and the revamped exl series will be released soon ..... same basic construction .... new cosmetics like the grill covering all drivers including tweeter .... silver baffle.

in c-series oh and the drivers and baffle are one ...... basket and baffle are one unit using their spherex composite .... grills are attached using magnets ..... john chilliginarian (however you spell it) ..... grills off they look like b&w's ..... i need to demo these more personally and ill update the post with more of a concise detailed description on performance ....... oh and no bi-wire

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mark, are you saying that a pair of Connoisseur three-way towers sells for $750. Well, O.K. $748. [​IMG] If so, that sounds very reasonable. Have you had a chance to compare them to any of the e:XL floorstanders? I recently bought a pair of e:XL 25s for my second stereo system, but I am intrigued by the new line.

6. Mark Amayao

I was sold on the exl's a couple months ... ago then was updated on the upcoming connies .. then decided to wait a bit and here them for myself .....

last wednesday i was in seattle for our vendor training from sony energy and fujitsu ... i work for the goodguys ...... the energy reps demo'd each connie from their smallest bookshelf which sounded amazing the c3 midsize bookshelf which sounded amazing to their towers the c5 then the c7 and the c9's ....... c7 and c9 both 4 way towers c7 smaller drivers c7 5.5 inch c9 6.5 inch drivers

cc-1 center 5.5 inch drivers .... homopolymer woofers with nbr/sbr surround .... basket and baffle one unit using spherex

cr-1's were sort of a dissappointment .... aesthetics wise werent very impressive ... sound wise was pretty good .....

first impression was depth .... instruments seemed o reach out and touch you ..... imagine position of drumset guitarist vocalist ......

next to exl's side by side using a denon avr 3802 receiver .... exl26 against c5black .... though they use similar tweeter design or same tweeter design ... the exls were definately more aggressive in the highs ....

more to come will demo tomm at work again ......

7. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Mark,

The new Energy C's look very cool. I can see the similar looks to the B&W CM series. I love the look of those silver woofs. Are the towers all 2-1/2 way and how good is the cabinet.

What other speakers are you comparing these to besides Energy? I would like to hear some comparisons to the B&W, Dynaudio, etc.

Gil