What's new

Energy Connoisseur (1 Viewer)

Keith*D

Agent
I have basically decided to go with PSB Image 5T or 6T mains, but while I am getting the money together I have been looking at the Energy Connoisseur line, specifically the C-5 and the C-C3. Does anybody have any experience with these. They will probably be about 60/40 HT, and while I am in this small apartment I will be going without a good sub. Thanks guys.

Keith

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
I have the c-5's, and really enjoy them. Good detail, decent bass output, not too bright. But I am not an exprert, and have and acoustically horrible room. Best to listen for yourself.

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
I have listened to the speakers you have mentioned and each has it's own merits. I have heard the PSB's both in home and at a retailer, great speaker for both movies and music IMO. Very detailed yet smooth. The Energy's, I've only heard in-store so my judgement there may not be as fair. They seemed to lack the punch and detail of the PSB but imaged very well and were crisp.

I was going to go for the 5t, 9c, 2b package but the store I deal with stopped selling PSB, said it was too competitve/similar to another brand. Either way you'll have a solid Canadian made speaker.

Cheers,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks