Energy Connoisseur

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Keith*D, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Keith*D

Keith*D Agent

I have basically decided to go with PSB Image 5T or 6T mains, but while I am getting the money together I have been looking at the Energy Connoisseur line, specifically the C-5 and the C-C3. Does anybody have any experience with these. They will probably be about 60/40 HT, and while I am in this small apartment I will be going without a good sub. Thanks guys.

Keith

2. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Second Unit

I have the c-5's, and really enjoy them. Good detail, decent bass output, not too bright. But I am not an exprert, and have and acoustically horrible room. Best to listen for yourself.

3. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

I have listened to the speakers you have mentioned and each has it's own merits. I have heard the PSB's both in home and at a retailer, great speaker for both movies and music IMO. Very detailed yet smooth. The Energy's, I've only heard in-store so my judgement there may not be as fair. They seemed to lack the punch and detail of the PSB but imaged very well and were crisp.

I was going to go for the 5t, 9c, 2b package but the store I deal with stopped selling PSB, said it was too competitve/similar to another brand. Either way you'll have a solid Canadian made speaker.

Cheers,

Steve