energy c9 opinion

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Corey-Reid, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Corey-Reid

Corey-Reid Stunt Coordinator

I am looking to buy a pair of mains. I currently have a yamahay rxv 2090. My room has semi vaulted ceilings and is about 20x30. I ahve cermaic tile floors.

I will likely be upgrading my yamaha in the next year or so.
    I do listen to music, and loud music, Mostly rock. I watch a lot of movies, all in 5.1. I need to have strong base response, though I do have a 10 inch energy sub.

The energy c9s can be had for 324 each right now, but I am in no hurry.

I am not against buying used or refurbished if you think I can do much betetr for about 6-8 hundred for the pair.

Thanks

2. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

3. KenWong

KenWong Stunt Coordinator

Ha, I think I know where you're getting it? Goodguys right? Well, just to let you know, the C-9, IMO is a very nice neutral speaker, very power hungry though. They're nice only if you have a lot of power going to them, if you have a cheapy receiver, it'll sound kinda like ass. Nice smooth sound, goes very well with a nice velodyne or low freq sub, and you're in business for a great musical set up. If you ever heard the encore system by energy, it's pretty much the same but with a much better midbass response. For that price, I think it's worth it.

Also, I read the rest of your post. Movies is great, however, you should also be looking at klipsch, before I get my share of bashing, for rock music- I love Klipsch horn tweeter. And if you want loud, their energy efficiency is phenomenal- (which means they'll play a lot louder given the same amount of power). THis is my two cents

4. EricTownsend

EricTownsend Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys! You finalized my speaker search! I love Energy speakers and was considering them, among many, to use in my HT. This awesome deal sealed it. I bought a pair. Luckily I work in Washington (and live in Idaho) so they were able to ship them to my work address. Now for the rest of the C series...

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Yes, a very nice speaker for a really good price now. [​IMG] If you look around on www.soundstage.com, they have reviewed the C-3 and C-9 and even include measurements.