What's new

Energy C5 Good? (1 Viewer)

andrew_v

Grip
I'm looking to get some new speakers and noticed that good guys is having a 50% discount on all the energy c-series speakers. the one speaker that caught my eye was the c-5. it sells for $378/pair (my budget is under $400) and looks to be the most capable of the bunch. how does this speaker perform and can i use it without a subwoofer wo any major loss in fidelity? I will be using it mainly for music.

Benihana

Stunt Coordinator
I'd get them. They have a 5 rating on Audioreview.com , and they seem like their built nice. $400 is nothing for these

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I auditioned them and, though I went in a different direction (bookshelf), I liked these a lot. At that price, if you like the sound, you can't go wrong.

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
I'd get 'em, hell I got 6 of 'em. Really they are a great speaker for HT use or stereo listening. Like any other 6.5" 2-Way book shelf on the planet, they could benefit from the use of a sub. Very flat frequency response, can take a beating and not overpriced, what more could you ask of a speaker?

Shane K

Agent
Are you sure these are half off? I just checked goodguys' site and they show $375 each...not for the pair.

Kinger

arun

Auditioning
hi shank

the sale is for C5 blacks only. It does not show up in the
web. Only the local stores (atleast in bayarea, california)
carry the sale.

Pls call ur GG local dealer and inquire.

Thx
Arun

(i already bought a pair of C5 blacks from my local GG)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks