What's new

Energy C3s? (1 Viewer)

Daman

Second Unit
Hi,
I am trying to put together my second home theater(primary one) and have currently 2 Energy C1's. I am thinking of going in with C3's as mains, a C-C1 as center channel and use the existing C1's as surrounds and add one more C1 for the rear surround. What do you guys think about this? Does this look like a good combination? Regarding the sub i havent decided yet so am keeping the options open. And yes floor standings are not an option for me thats why i want a bookshelf system. If possible also do recommend a good reciever for this setup.. the C3's and C-C1 are rated at max 120 watts per channel while the C1's are 100 watts pc..
Thanks for all your suggestions!
Daman

Daman

Second Unit
On another note, i currently have 2 recievers with me a yamaha htr 5640(75 watts pc) and a htr 5650(80 watts pc).. im using the 5650 to power the polk rm6700 setup i have.. once i complete the energy setup i was thinking of using 5650 to power that and the 5640 to power the polks.. do you think these recievers will do the speakers justice or should i upgrade to better recievers? Please advice !!!! I am counting on you guys to help me out :D

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Don't know about your receivers, but I did audition the C-3s. I nearly went with the setup you describe (C-3 up front, CC-1 centre and C-1 rear in 5.1) but my wife didn't like the C-3 sound. She considered the high frequencies too harsh. FWIW, I thought the speakers were fine. Unless you have a large room or are missing features that you "must" have, I think your receivers are fine for the job (IMO, of course).

Hope this helps.

Daman

Second Unit
Thanks Paul, oh well im ok if they sounded a bit bright.. i havent auditioned them but am going by the fact that i really love the C1's and C3's would definetly be better than C1's. The room isnt too large and the recievers do have everything i need.. i was just asking in terms that i wouldnt be missing improving the sound quality a few notches if i use these recievers. Thanks a lot for your inputs again, it definetly helped :)
Regards
Daman

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks