Energy C-7 Info

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Dave Lindhorst, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Dave Lindhorst

Dave Lindhorst Stunt Coordinator

Hi all just picked up a set of Energy C-7s and was wondering if anyone else could give me their feedback on this model. I was also considering Dahquist QX10s and the Polk Moniter 70s.

I still may bring the others home to compare but first I have to get these C-7s set up and running. At the store they seemed to make the music come alive. Can't wait to hear them at home.

Let me know. Paid 750.00 Canadian for the set in Maple with silver grills.

2. Daman

Daman Second Unit

Dave, i have my whole setup with energy connesieurs and they are amazing speakers. I have C3's as mains because i mainly wanted bookshelves and not floorstanders but they both will exhibit the same qualities. I also own the Polk RTi6's and they are definetly better than the monitor series at least from my audtioning. And when i compared the Polks and the Energies side by side, Energies are the clear winner, better soundstage and much more musical. Dont know about the Dahquist but definetly a [​IMG] for Energy C's from me

3. Chris Fleming

Dave, that seems like an outstanding deal! $750 Canadian converts to a little over $600 US. Aren't the C-3's like $500 US? I've never heard the Energy speakers, but from what I've read in pro and user reviews has been fantastic! Enjoy your new speakers!

4. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I was able to pick up my C-3 last summer from my local authorized dealer for $300.00/pair brand new....only to find out they were advertised during X'mas for $250/pair!!

5. Daman

Daman Second Unit

Wow, that would have been a steal Danny, i got my C1 pairs for 275$ US last year, the C3s do retail for 500$ pair as Chris mentioned, i picked up mine for around 400 i think. You got a real sweet deal neverthless, how do you like these guys? The C3's got Soundstage Reviewers choice and Soundstage budget leader awards in 2002.

http://www.energy-speakers.com/v2/pr...age.php?id=25#

6. TimB

TimB Agent

Excellent deal! I have a pair of C-7 maple myself, their sound is unbelieveable! If you are running them w.o. a subwoofer, set the speakers to large on your amp. If you are running with a subwoofer, I like to set them to small with a 60 Hz crossover.

Enjoy!!!!

7. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Daman,

I love my C-3 and I think they are easily one of the biggest audio bargains out there. I also purchased a pair of C-1 for $270.00/pair before the C-3 and those were awesome. I wasn't looking to upgrade, but the price was just too good to pass up.

8. Daman

Daman Second Unit

Great to hear that Danny,i couldnt have passed up either at that price [​IMG] All my speakers are Maple as well. I use C3's as front mains, C-C1 center, CR1 sides surrounds and C1 rear surrounds. Am using Marantz SR7500 to power them along with a SvS PB10 sub and the combination is killer. Its been over 7-8 months since ive had these and i cant still stop marvelling at these guys everday,even more when i listen to music. I also think that both Harman Kardon and Marantz compliment them very well and make them really shine with music [​IMG]

9. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I should've purchased them in maple, but I chose black instead. Originally, the C-1 was purchased as the left/right speakers of a 2 channel stereo sytem, but now I am seriously considering going multi-channel, so the C-1 may become surround speakers. But I think they are kind of big as surround speakers in my tiny room.

10. Dave Lindhorst

Dave Lindhorst Stunt Coordinator

I forgot to mention in my original post that I did get a peek at the stores computer and their cost was $500.00 Canadian for the C-7s. They still made a respectible $250.00 for their effort. Not t bag.

Anyone looking for a great set of outdoor speakers. They had the Energy Tempest II for 225.00 Canadian. Just some more info.

11. Bill_C

Bill_C Auditioning

Hi to all.
    I had to jump in here to throw in my 2 cents. I too just got a whole set of Enery speakers and am totally amazed so far. I just got my new setup last Thursday and didn't even get it going until Sunday. I got the C3's for the front as I too needed a bookshelf setup. I also got the C-C1 center, a pair of C-R3's for the surrounds and the 10.3 sub, all in maple/silver. The build quality is absolutely first class. As a receiver, I went for the Denon 2805 in Silver. With little to no experience in HT, I got this setup going in under an hour, was listening to music and DVD's with a smile from ear to ear. I still have some fine tuning to go, but the sound is incredible. This was without a doubt, the best setup combo I had listened to within my budget. I think anyone would be hard pressed to beat this setup within this price range. So to you Dave, ENJOY - ENJOY. Energy has go to be one of the best speakers in its class in the entire marketplace.

Thanks to all of you who unknowingly have helped me to make a tough selection. Without all of your valuable insight, I would still be looking and shopping with more questions than answers. Thanks to all.
    Bill