Energy AC-300 vs. C-C1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_Z, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

I recently bought the new Energy C-5s. I am currently using a Paradigm CC-170 as the center. I am debating whether to buy the matching C-C1, which I auditioned and was not blown away by any means, or the highly praised AC-300. Has anyone mixed and matched the old C series and the new? I am considering using the old connoisseur center with the new mains.

2. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

bump

a little help?

3. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

Hello I have the connossieur system and am very happy with it overall performance ... most natural sounding speakers i demo'd in my price range. Very smooth neutral sound. The center channel which i did get was lacking somewhat in bass compared to the others when i first demo'd them .... but it turned out to be (to me) a good choice.

what i like about the center channel once i got it home was how it meshed with the c-5's ..... just when you start to question whether or not its playing or if you need to recalibrate your system .... here comes the dialogue clear solid and sweet.

when i was auditioning the speakers i almost decided on gettin the vr910 boston center speaker cause it was a little brighter and seemed like it had more of a dynamic punch to it ...... I dont like to hear too much of the center speaker ..... i decided on the cc1 cause it blends so well and its presence is subtle, but when need be it stands out ...

though i have a weaker receiver i demoed the speakers knowing id buy a new one and it most likely will be a yamaha rxv-3300

4. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

hey actually i just saw that you live in austin TX
    I just moved here from there actually Pflugerville ......
    how is it down there right now?!

5. Mike Likens

Mike Likens Stunt Coordinator

I have the new C-7's and an AC-300 center and the tonal match is spot on. The AC-300 is the best center I have ever heard and have been very pleased with its performance. Granted, I have only listed to a dozen or so centers. My point is if you can find an AC 300 by all means get one it will match your C-5's beautifully.

6. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

Mike,

Thanks. That is good to know. The only drawback to me is the appearance of the 300. It looks kind of small and ugly...but I am more interested in its sound. I will probably hunt for one on eBay/audiogon.

Mark,

Sorry I just saw your post. It is actually "cold" down here right now. Like 65 degrees or something. Time to break out the sweaters.

Oh, and everyone down here is tired of the mudslingin' ad campaigns of Gov. Perry and Sanchez. That's about it. Take care.