What's new

Enemy of the State Special Edition DELAYED?! (1 Viewer)

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
The Following is from The DIGITAL BITS........Does anyone on this forum know anymore? I was really looking forward to the Enemy of the State. Were there any details about the release before hand???

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
Ah Yes, That's right the "ED WOOD Debacle".

Well at least they didn't wait till the last minute when everyone was wasting the gas going to the stores right?

fortunely I was able to find an ED WOOD though.

I am hoping that there will plenty of Behind the Scenes,Interveiws, and Documentaries on the High Tech survelience they used in the movie. I have been told by someone who was in the military, whether he was BSing me or not I can't confirm but he said if "you" were in the situation that Will Smith was in like in the film there would'nt be a "Brill" to save you from getting killed.

If that's true,it is pretty scary to think about. I'm glad I will never be in a situation like that.

And perhaps the similarities between Gene Hackman's charactors in this film and "The Conversation".

Enemy of the State is probably my favorite Will Smith film.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
this movie is a perfect double feature for the conversation.

i believe the hackman characters are the same but due to some rights issues or some other reason they couldnt reuse the name.

CraigL

Screenwriter
How's about it's because they are going back and using the anamorphic transfer instead of the non like they did on Ransom?

Or maybe they're adding the AMAZING DTS track on Crimson Tide like other regions got. Just a suggestion.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Most likely they have been delayed until 'Man on Fire' is released on dvd this fall.

Most likely the rumored 'Top Gun' SE will be released around that time as well.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Oh my god!

I wasn't informed about this Special edition!

Happy to know they will finaly release it on another DVD, I hope it'll be anamorphic with tons of Special Features! The original is very poor in supplements.

Just bad about the delay...

chris_clem

Second Unit

It's about time! I was wondering when they'll get around to doing this. Especially since Top Gun was a long running demo disc back in the LD days! Where did you get this info though? Wouldn't want to get my hopes up on a rumor that carries little weight...:D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I want Enemy Of The State & Crimson Tide. Hope they give us dates soon.

Also TOP GUN, but that's Paramount.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Fug allllll the anti-Bruckheimer playa haters: these are two kick ass movies that I have been chomping at the bit for about six years to see re-released as anamorphic SEs with better transfers (less edge enhancement, dammit!) and some good supps. There was a DTS LD with a production documentary on Crimson for chrissakes! Oscar nominee for Best Sound. Hans' score is awwwwwwesome!

Chad:

But Christopher, you never know when someone could bump into you in a lingerie store (where you're buying something for Rachel F. ("for fuck me") Banks, er, your wife) and "change the configuration of [your] package"! :D

"Someone asks me, 'do you think we should have bombed Japan?' I say, 'By all means--drop that fucker. Twice,'"
-p

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
More Di$ney teeth-gnashing:

Craig, wasn't that such b.s.? I swear, if they release SEs of either/both of these pix but use the same creepy-crawlin', non-anamorphic transfers . . . ". . . that strange sensation [Di$ney home vid execs] feel . . . will be my boot in [their] ass!"

-p

CraigL

Screenwriter
Paul,

I've purchased the Ransom SE 3 times from other regions at this point and I'm sick of it. None of them have DTS AND 16x9. it's one or the other.

Same with Crimson Tide as far as I know. You either get 16x9 or DTS. Not both.

I'm doubting they'll do DTS here. And possible that they won't even do a 16x9. :frowning:

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Craig: Are there other precedents in addition to Ransom where Di$ney has released an "SE" of a title that had already been released before with less supps but used the same non-anamorphic transfer as the earlier DVD?

-p

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Craig:

Fwiw, I'm told DVD Basen is a good international DVD review site to get answers to these kinds of questions. Gonna check it and see if there's any info. . . .

"Do they know me?! DO THEY KNOW ME!?!"

-p

CraigL

Screenwriter
Again...none of those places have both DTS and 16x9.

And I actually don't buy PAL DVD's for the most part...but even including them...there is no 16x9/DTS release.

So for now we stick with the NTSC DTS.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
From today's Bits:

"On a related note (this would normally go in The Rumor Mill, so take that into consideration), we suspect Buena Vista may reschedule the new special editions of Tony Scott's Crimson Tide and Enemy of the State (which were indefinitely delayed a number of months ago) to coincide with the [9/14] release of Man on Fire, as well as Scott's TBA Top Gun: Special Edition from Paramount. We'll post any details we learn on this as they become available."

-p

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
I am hoping that the NEWS from "The BITS" is right on the money. I would love a Special Edition of EOTS....And I would pick that up same day as Man on Fire, I have heard nothing but good of that film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks