What's new

Enemy at the Gates ? (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking at buying this film, should it be the R1 copy or the local R4 copy with DTS? I'm usually a R1 Exclusive person but the inclusion of DTS is enticing.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The R2 is better. It has the same DTS track, which is better than the DD track, an audio commentary and three quite in depth documentaries.

Brett C

Second Unit
I'd advise getting the r2 version as well as its DTS track is full bitrate and the r4 is at 754...

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
"I'd advise getting the r2 version as well as its DTS track is full bitrate and the r4 is at 754..."
...ahh... which "r2 version" ?
...know that the two-disc French release does not have a "full bitrate" dts soundtrack, as will become immediately obvious when you click here...
. . . . . .

Brett C

Second Unit
As Dean mentioned the UK disc is the one with the Fullbitrate DTS track and the disc also features an audio commentary...

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The UK disc is edited for content.

The French R2 release...

Disc One: Director's Cut
- 16:9 Widescreen
- dts English surround
- dts French surround
- Dolby Digital English 5.1 surround
- Dolby Digital French 5.1 surround
- Audio Commentary

The second DVD is a supplemental disc with the documentary from the R1 release, interview featurette from the R1 release, multi-angle interactive featurette, deleted scenes, documentary on actual battle of Stalingrad, storyboards, and theatrical trailers.

Brett C

Second Unit
Correction the UK disc isn't edited at all! I own both the UK r2 disc and The r1 and can confirm that they are identical...

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Unless the distributor cut the movie before lodging it for classification, it has not been cut. The BBFC's website confirms this. Of course, it does have the 4% PAL speed up, which often leads people to believe something has gone missing.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Also the UK R2 from Pathe allows you a form of branching to watch the deleted scenes in situ as you watch the film.

The only thing I did notice as I also had R1 from Paramount is that it seems to have one more deleted scene, cant remember which one.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The UK DVD has one DTS and one DD 5.1 track; the picture quality is better than the R1 IMO. The French DVD has half bitrate tracks. I have the French Sleepy Hollow which has 2 DTS and 2 DD tracks, and it too looks better than the R1 version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks