What's new

Endless summer collection came out today, any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Kind of on the fence as to whether or not to get this collection. I know I have seen Endless Summer a long time ago and don't remember much about it. Does anyone have anything good to say about this set?

derek

Second Unit
Well 'Endless Summer' is THE quintessential surf movie. ES II is updated with the more agressive early 90s surfing and surf culture. Haven't seen ES Revisited. I'm really waiting for 'Step into Liquid' 2 disc limited edition streeting on DVD in April. I didn't catch the movie in its limited release but from what I hear its the 'Endless Summer' film of this generation (and done by Dana Brown son of Bruce Brown.) Haven't seen the DVDs of these movies so can't commment on their quality. Amazon says full screen format I assume for all discs :frowning: ES I may have been filmed in 1.33:1 but not ESII.

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody know if the Endless Summer 2 DVD is P&S or Open Matte?

I'm considering picking this up myself, but I have read that the DVD's are not of the best quality. Endless Summer is 1.37:1 with DD mono soundtrack, but barebones. Endless Summer 2 is what I'm most confused about. I know this was shown theatrically in widescreen, and the Laserdisc was also 1.85:1. So does anyone know if the 1.33:1 DVD presentation is Pan&Scan or Open Matte? If it's the latter, that may put me over the fence. Audio is DD2.0 for ES2, and ES: Revisited. ES2 has a few featurettes, but I guess you can consider 'Revisited' to be the real extra feature, as a companion "making of" piece to both of the movies. Overall, I wish that these would receive a better treatment, considering their success on previous home video formats. However, this set can currently be found for around $30 bucks, so for to $10 a disc, that's hard to argue about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks