What's new

Enclosure Design Help! (1 Viewer)

Miklsan K

Agent
I ran this last week, but didn't get any feedback. Could you guys take another look? Thanks.
I have not done a DIY project for many years (since my younger car audio days!), but I think I am ready to dive in again. I want to experiment with a few projects first to get my feet wet. I have a couple of 15 inch drivers at my disposal that I would like to use for a subwoofer project. The specs are listed below. I have played around in LSPcad and it looks like I can get something in a managaeble 4-5 cu. ft. vented enclosure tuned pretty low. Could a few of you more experienced guys run these specs for me and suggest an alignment? I am looking for good performance below 60Hz, in a moderate room (11W x 19L x 9H) with a 200W plate amp. Ease of construction would be greatly appreciated. I appreciate your help.

Piston D 0.33 M
Re 3.25 Ohm
Vas 9.28 Ft^3
Fs 19.0 Hz
Qes 0.35
Qms 12.23
Qts 0.34
nO 0.49%
Efficiency 88.9 dB
Xmax 8.26 mm one way
Power 250W

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Some simple instructions for a reinforced enclosure check out Adireaudio. They have different 15" sub designs, some vented and some not and the measurements/specs are posted.

I'd start with one of adires designs and modify it unless you plan on totally designing an enclosure yourself.

I don't think there will be someone here to design the sub for you, maybe if you tell us your preferences for ports, their size, volume, and tuning point.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Using both drivers in a single enclosure ~8 cu ft tuned to 18 looks good. If you want more "punch" tune to 25.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks