What's new

3D Enchanted Kingdom: 4K 3D Film from BBC Earth (1 Viewer)

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
51m2TQnhgAL._AA160_.jpg

I think maybe HTF will appreciate this: It seems BBC Earth Films have produced a new African nature documentary, not only in 3D, but also in 4K. It is called Enchanted Kingdom 3D (2013) (IMDb).

Now, for whatever reason, IMDb says this premiered in Germany in December 2013, but I have not seen anything else to that effect. We do know that the film got a theatrical release in Japan (under the English title Nature) in May 2014, and that subsequently, BBC Earth took the film to Cannes, and hired Idris Elba to narrate the English version.

Now, the film was apparently a big hit in Japan, and NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan will release the film on Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray there on November 6, 2014. Each of the editions will include a bonus disc, and there will be extras. According to NBCU's site, the BD will also have English audio (only), as well as Japanese audio and subtitles.

The 3D pack includes the 3D BD, the 2D BD and the Bonus BD, and has just dropped from ¥6,458 to ¥4,699 on Amazon Japan. The set without the 3D BD has just dropped from ¥5,076 to ¥3,694, as well. In other words, the 3D version is currently about $43 (after tax removal), plus shipping (about $11) to the USA, and with Amazon's pre-order price guarantee, it can only go lower.

For those in Regions B or C, these discs are all 99.9% likely to be region-free, and Amazon already displays them as region-free.

Clearly, this will come out in other territories as well, but personally, I'm very keen to see this, with it being native 3D and in 4K, so I will be getting the Japanese 3D set, unless another pre-order materializes before that release comes out.
Japanese trailer:

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
This was shot in 4K 3D but of course the Blu-ray release is not in 4k, since Blu-ray is a 2k format.

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
Listings have now been updated to include both Japanese and English subtitles.

The English track on this release will also now be Dolby Atmos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks