What's new

Enchanted April...where is it? (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I want it on DVD and I want it OAR (ws?). Where is it? I have the laserdisc (4x3...probably open matte) and I'm ready for the DVD BIG TIME. Where is this title? Any others of you out there with me?
Only think is I don't want to give up the glorious PCM sound on that disc! We'll probably get a 192 kbps 2.0 DD soundtrack when it *does* finally get here on DVD :frowning:
Anyway...who's with me? I can just imagine a wonderful 16x9 DVD picture on a projection system...
ahhh....
dave

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
DaViD-

I've been "with you" for over a year on this one!
One of the few movies out there that is so lovely, you
can watch it and skip a dose of Prozac.

Mark

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
I agree completely. I have several times started threads or added to others that this needs to come out in widescreen. I have seen the LD, but would love the DVD of this one.

SMK

Jae E

Agent
My wife and I have also been wanting this one for a long time. I'm pretty sure it's a Miramax title, but I remember reading something about it being released before Miramax was part of Disney/Buena Vista, and it makes me wonder if there is a rights issue that's holding it up.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know what the proper OAR for this title is? 1.66:1? It looks "cramped" when I zoom it on my 16x9 TV so I usually watch it 4x3. If it's 1.66:1 I hope they encode it 16x9. Maybe it's 1.85? Anyone know for sure? Was this a theatrical film?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks