Enchanted April...where is it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DaViD Boulet, Oct 22, 2002.

1. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

I want it on DVD and I want it OAR (ws?). Where is it? I have the laserdisc (4x3...probably open matte) and I'm ready for the DVD BIG TIME. Where is this title? Any others of you out there with me?
    Only think is I don't want to give up the glorious PCM sound on that disc! We'll probably get a 192 kbps 2.0 DD soundtrack when it *does* finally get here on DVD [​IMG]
    Anyway...who's with me? I can just imagine a wonderful 16x9 DVD picture on a projection system...
    ahhh....
    dave

2. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Producer
    Supporter

DaViD-

I've been "with you" for over a year on this one!
    One of the few movies out there that is so lovely, you
    can watch it and skip a dose of Prozac.

Mark

3. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Stunt Coordinator

I agree completely. I have several times started threads or added to others that this needs to come out in widescreen. I have seen the LD, but would love the DVD of this one.

SMK

4. Jae E

Jae E Agent

My wife and I have also been wanting this one for a long time. I'm pretty sure it's a Miramax title, but I remember reading something about it being released before Miramax was part of Disney/Buena Vista, and it makes me wonder if there is a rights issue that's holding it up.

5. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Anyone know what the proper OAR for this title is? 1.66:1? It looks "cramped" when I zoom it on my 16x9 TV so I usually watch it 4x3. If it's 1.66:1 I hope they encode it 16x9. Maybe it's 1.85? Anyone know for sure? Was this a theatrical film?