Empire of the Sun Freezing - How to Exchange?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Petoff, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Scott Petoff

Scott Petoff Extra

Aug 19, 1998
    Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with the Empire of the Sun DVD and it freezing up three or four times during the movie. I should have written down where but it was such a flaw that I had to stop the player and then go to the next chapter and back up to the spot just ahead of the problem. I tried it on another DVD player and the same thing happened - both a Toshiba 3107 and a Pioneer 5 Disc changer.
    I couldn't find any posts on the Web mentioning anyone else having trouble so I thought I'd ask. I'm guessing the disc is simply defective right out of the box.
    However, when I tried to return it to Best Buy, they refused to exchange it for a new copy since it had been four months since I purchased it. I wasn't asking for a refund or anything. It was a brand new copy that I finally got around to watching that needed replacing [​IMG]
    Does anyone have advice on how to get a new DVD - do I call Warner Bros.? Are there stores that won't give me a problem in the future when exchanging a defective disc? I may boycott Best Buy now - they want us to buy tons of DVDs but expect us to watch them to make sure they all work within 30 days. What kind of policy is that?
    Thanks for any help!
  2. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Dec 17, 1999
    I would suggest writing to your local BB district office and see if they can help resolve this.
    If that fails, then try contacting WB home video (you'll have to search the phone directories, the website doesn't give contact info [​IMG] )