What's new

Emperor's New Groove & Tarzan DVDs (1 Viewer)

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Methinks the artwork will be the only difference. I'll bet dollars to donuts that the actual disc content is unchanged.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Well for starters, New Groove will apparently be 1 disc less.

Tarzan is supposed have everything that was on the previous 2-disc edition, but I just read some rumors on the Ultimate Disney boards that it may get the single-disc treatment as well.

Rolando

Screenwriter
If they are the same I will sing and dance for days. I still can't get my hands on those 2 other than from E-Bay.

Release is only about a month away, surely we will get confirmation soon on whether or not these are single discs or not right?

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
It was my understanding that these were simply repacks of the earlier 2-disc editions with the second discs omitted (a la Fox). Hope I'm wrong...

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Looks like someone on the Ultimate Disney forums emailed Disney, and they replied saying that Tarzan will indeed be single disc. :frowning:

Disney advertised this as a 2-disc set. Now they're going to sell us a 1-disc set. Don't you just love false advertising?

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The only thing changed on the new Tarzan DVD (besides it being one disc) is the inclusion of a Disney "Home Theater" Mix with an added LFE track to add some bass extension (the previous is 5.0 only), but the rest of the mix appears to be unchanged.

The transfer seems to be the same. I'll pass until the Blu-Ray version.

Now, if Emperor's New Groove has a much better encoding as well as an enhanced DTS track, I might have to splurge. There was NOTICEABLE color banding (not as bad as Brother Bear, but solid colors are still splotchy) and MPEG artifacting on the previous ENG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks