What's new

Emotiva XPA-5 (1 Viewer)

DavidAMennie

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought this off Audiogon, but I don't think i'm gonna be able to use it...I had to move in with my dad, and take care of him...It's in great condition, looks new to me...I have the original double-box packaging, plus the manual...It's under warranty until 10/31/2013...After purchase, i'll e-mail Emotiva and get the warranty transferred

$750 shipped, payment by Paypal please...

I have over 2,000+ positive feedbacks on eBay under black05hemi

Thanks

DavidAMennie

Stunt Coordinator
Is my price too high? It's $824 new shipped from Emotiva...And, they're not even in stock right now from them

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
In the eyes of many - probably yes. You're at least the second owner and yet you're still asking over 90% of MSRP - to me, too high (and for some of us, our gravestones will say "Never Paid Retail..."). Were I buying one I'd probably wait for their next sale and get new w/ a real warranty (as most of us would probably think warranty transfers are often dicey). One of the reasons Emotiva may say they're sold out is that they recently had these on sale for $699 (I think...) and that's probably what many/most have stuck in their heads as recent retail. There are any number of threads you can find where someone asked if his price for an XPA-5 plus cables was too high at $650 and he was basically told split 'em out and it might sell at that price if shipping was included.

So aren't you glad you asked?

DavidAMennie

Stunt Coordinator
Well, then I guess people can wait till they get 'em back in stock then...Regarding a "real warranty", I got news for you, all I do is send one e-mail to their customer service with my info and the new buyers info, and the warranty gets transferred...Real difficult, huh? Maybe you should do a little homework first, before you speak?

This amp looks brand new, is not even five months old, has little use, with all original packaging...But, then again, people like yourself will always find something to complain about

Michael_V

Second Unit
Wow, I didn't think TimMc was complaining, just offering constructive advice. I thought the price was high, too. Basically $49 off retail. You really jumped on him, though. Not used to such a defensive attitude on HTF. Probably not helping you sell your equipment....

Moderator?

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
David,

I think Tim was telling you what guys in this hobby know - when you sell used gear you never get your money back. The general rule for quality used gear is that you will get between about 40-60% of the original MSRP, depending upon condition. The internet also makes sales both easy (# of buyers), and hard (easy to do research and find sale prices) at the same time. The hard part about selling used gear (even mint condition) is that it is "used" from the first day you receive it, no matter what you did with it. It could be sealed in the original box and have to be sold as used. We realize that you don't want a lowball offer, but you did ask for comments.

JP

DavidAMennie

Stunt Coordinator
It's not $49 off retail....Brand new is $824 shipped, I asked for $750 shipped, which is $74 off the cost of a new one...

I've been in this "hobby" a long time, i'm not a child...I did not feel his comments were "constructive" at all, we must be reading different posts

I paid $725 shipped, which would put it at $100 less than a new one, which is definitely think is fair...

Ron_Phelps

Stunt Coordinator

I echo the response that says these comments were meant to be constructive and not demeaning. You asked if your price was too high - his comments were right.

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris

Except that most of the people on here are used to getting 10-15% off retail for brand new gear in the stores, and Emotiva has sales on their new stuff that are lower than the price you listed. I believe that is why posters aren't responding to your price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks