What's new

Emmy nominations announced (1 Viewer)

DavidBC

Second Unit
I can't believe Patricia Arquette wrote a speech! Apparently, the only person who thought Patricia Arquette had a chance was Patricia Arquette.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
After watching a second time it certainly looks that way. Understandable given the dance moves. At least we've heard her sing before and know she can actually do it (e.g. an episode of Veronica Mars and Reefer Madness).

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I though she sounded progressively more out of breath as the number progressed, which suggested a live vocal.

Regards,

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought this the first time as well, but there are a couple of moments when her mic is away from her mouth and the vocal doesn't change. It's possible they recorded the track from a full rehearsal, in which case it would be "realistic."

Also, my understanding is the Emmy awards are given based on specific episodes submitted for the category, rather than on an actor's work over the course of a season. In that sense I could understandably see how Patricia Arquette's performance in "X" episode of Medium was better than the others' performances in their respective episodes.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
To me the Emmys telecast was a total embarassment. Poorly produced, terrible banter, lousy interludes, etc. etc. It looked like something that a high school production company might come up with. The gems (there were a few) were completely overwhelmed by the trash.

I'm glad that I time shifted it. I was able to see all that I wanted to see in about 15 minutes after I couldn't take this amateurish show any more.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Next time I'll tell you what I really thought of it.

:laugh: :laugh:

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

In my opinion, there is not one episode of "The Shield" last season with Glenn Close that can be touched by any episode of "Medium". It is even more of a shame considering that was Glenn's first and last season on the show. I like Medium however, especially Arquette's role, but every second of Glenn's screen time last season screamed Emmy, particularly the final episode.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Yep, if The Shield was on NBC, she'd have won but it's on FX so less people see it and there's less of a campaign for her. Same thing with Ian McShane and Deadwood being on HBO. Not being on a network cuts down on your chances. It doesn't rule you out but it makes it harder.

As others have more or less said, what's important is that you liked the work that people did and not what the Emmys think. Funny thing is that I can't seem to take my own advice:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks