What's new

Emmet Otter question.. (1 Viewer)

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
I seem to remember that, early on in the film, in the scene where Emmet and his mom meet Gretchen Fox, the mom says something like "I'd appreciate it....if you'd fall off the dock." That doesn't seem to be in the DVD..can anyone help/confirm with this? Unless I'm mistaken, but I have seen it many times as a kid.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I can't really help you out, but I had forgotten that line!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
My wife has noticed the same thing, all the way back from the home video release of several years ago on VHS. The cut is a little different; there are a few words of dialogue missing and apparently several minutes of cut footage added back in.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
Ok..I've managed to CONFIRM the DVD is MUCH different from the original cut. From what I understand, thsi "new" version has been th eonly one available for about 10 years or so. In any case, I've noticed some things and now, having found my old beat-up, crappy VHS copy taped from cable, I KNOW I'm not crazy. The scene I'm referring to is now completely cut, as are a number of other significant, though small, changes. I don't understand WHY, though. I mean, some of the changes (like Kermit listening to Emmet's band while they're practicing; this is cut) make no sense. Weirder still, though, the DVD is LONGER than the original cut. So, yeah, there must be additions, only, despite my seeing it 5,000 times as a kid, I can't seem to directly spot any new footage yet. Thisis very odd, and I cant help but be just a bit disappointed that some of the character has been altered in the movie by removing some dialogue and scene snippets.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm too lazy to use the search function this second, but didn't we already establish that all home video versions of Emmet Otter and Muppet Family Christmas - both the old VHS and these new DVD's - are edited differently than the broadcast versions of these shows.
Dumb-sounding thing to do, and I'm not sure I'll be getting either one due to this. I guess it's up to the Mrs.; it's her that actually want's 'em. I've never seen either one, but I support "Original Presentation Only"...I hate buying items edited for content.
frown.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
.....http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks