Emma Peel!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ben Motley, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Just opened my new Emma Peel/Avengers Mega-Set today, and boy does it kick butt! 16 dvds chock full of Ms. Emma Peel and Steed. Just finished watching the first dvd, and these bring back the memories! No, I didn't watch 'em in 65, but I did catch them on reruns when I was a kid, and they provided lots of material for the imagination! Hell, they still do! I've always wanted to have this series, but the vhs were always so hard to collect (in the days before the A&E videos) and I thought I'd never get them. Damn, here they are now, and at an incredible price too. Has anybody else got theirs yet?
    [Edited last by Ben Motley on August 30, 2001 at 08:28 AM]

2. ShawnC

ShawnC Agent

Nice to know there are other admirers of the Diana Rigg Avengers episodes. If you are a fan in general of the series the Cathy Gale episodes are available as well. While, in my opinion, not as entertaining as the Rigg episodes they are a must as well. The quality of the video is good considering the age of the series. Also, look for the episodes featuring Emma's replacement, Tara King, this Fall.

3. John GB

John GB Stunt Coordinator

I have my TiVo set to always have an episode of the Avengers on hand. Diana Rigg back in '65 - Oooh baby! [​IMG]
    Great series.
    ------------------

4. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Where did you get them? Emma and the Solid Gold Dancers were what dreams were made of when I was a kid. [​IMG]
    Tim

5. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    DeepDiscountDVD has this set for 52% off MSRP, [​IMG] which beats all others by a wide margin (it's only $6 per disc). They always seem to have great prices on A&E releases. And FREE SHIPPING if you don't mind waiting for slower media mail.
    Here is the Emma Peel mega set:
    http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE070249
    [Edited last by Glenn Heberle on August 30, 2001 at 01:05 PM]

6. TimG

TimG Second Unit

I am there. Thanks Glenn.
    Tim

7. Ben Motley

Tim, follow Glenn's advice... that's exactly where I got mine. I think they're out of them right now, but someone else was saying they should have more Sept. 8th.
    Shawn, I certainly do want the Cathy Gale episodes, but haven't found a good enough price on them yet. I can't really tell just what they are, but DDD has two '63 sets for $70 each, and they look to have approx. 13 episodes each (I guess that's four dvds per set), so it's not close to the deal that the Emma Peel Mega-Set is. Maybe there's a misprint or mis-price somewhere. I plan to call and find out. I never saw any Cathy Gale episodes, but hey, it's got Pussy Galore, so it can't be all bad! [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Ben Motley on August 30, 2001 at 10:21 PM]

8. Ben Motley

Well I got through two dvds plus one ep. from the third one this weekend. Very, very cool! Of course Emma is hot as ever, but I had forgot just how randy Steed was. Pretty funny. This show rocks!
    [Edited last by Ben Motley on September 04, 2001 at 01:18 AM]