What's new

Emergency! Season #6 and beyond (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

I'm not sure, but I assume the ratings declined enough to make a full time production not worthwhile, but still good enough for the occasional movie to garner attention and bring back the fans that might've stopped tuning it every single week during the latter seasons of the show.

A few movies after the regular end of production seemed to be a somewhat popular way to send off shows in the latter 70s and early 80s. Two of my other favorites (Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons) did something similar 5 years later or so, and there are other examples as well.

I thought i read somewhere that the cost of show was getting too high, so, they decided to cancel and/or not renewed. I also think 6 years is a pretty good run time and that maybe it was time to end the show.

I am glad to have S1-S6 on dvd.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i pre-order my set the other day. The dvd cover does not look correct, but, i am guessing the universel has not finalized the cover. In any case i am still looking forward to completing my Emergency! set. I love this show and would deem it one of the classic firefighting shows ever produced.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What's wrong with the cover? They spend their fair share of time in their gear in the movies.

Showing them wearing regular pants and a shirt isn't going to attract many buyers, which is what it's designed to do. People like us are going to buy the set irregardless of what the cover art looks like, so making the cover art more representative of how they generally look in the movies to please us isn't as important.

I'm most disappointed that we're not getting that Sierra crossover episode. I really thought that at least had a shot. I knew dreaming for the entire run of Sierra or Emergency +4 was extremely unlikely and was just wishful thinking (Although they'd of been enough room to include one of the two if the same number of disc as the last few seasons of Emergency had been retained for this release), so I can't hold that against them.

But I don't see any good reason why that crossover episode isn't included.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well if Sierra was never transferred to tape at any time over the years, I think that would explain it. Universal I doubt would lay out extra to do a remaster job on one episode of a short-lived series. And keep in mind we already have the precedent of the missing episode of "The D.A" that concluded a story begun on an "Adam-12" S4 episode that Shout! made an effort to find but couldn't for use on the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks