What's new

Emergency Decision! Sony DA5ES or Denon 3802?!? (1 Viewer)

RichardMA

Second Unit
Sometimes sound and features are interlinked.
I.E., independent equalization for all channels.
Compared to something like THX's "timbre matching"
this is 100x more flexible.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Guys,

We'll have to wait and see what the next generation of Denons will bring to the table. Sony just brought out its new ES line so they should be better than last years comparably priced ES lines and Denon's 2802/3802's. We'll have to wait and see what the 3803 and 2803 offer later this year, and if there is any hint of the 5803 in any of them.......Then I'm definitely there. I have no reservation in stating that the 5803 is the best damn receiver I've ever heard to date. Period.

Reg

P.S. - In all fairness, I am aware that I am getting out of ES territory with the Denon 5803...Just couldn't resist plugging this monster.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
You really really really ought to check out the H/K AVR 520, too. The more I listen to it the more I like it compared to my Denon.

edit - i see you already got a receiver so nevermind.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Opinions of sound quality vary from person to person. People generally prefer what they buy. Regardless of what you decide to purchase, it is all mid-fi and sound differences is often a coin flip. No one needs to banner their choice nor feel they've made the wrong decision. My case for the ES would be in the ability to upgrade via the added inputs and yes of course, the added features. Don't make light of the features, this is a strong factor in the final desision. It was for me and it may be for you also. For some it may come down to a single feature. In the end don't buy what you don't like. Don't take my word for it,and don't take anybody elses. Look and listen for yourself. Decisions are not that hard to make.

Ryan DC

Agent
Guys could you please tell me where you are getting the 5es at and for how much? I would like to get it soon because everyones running out of stock on them and I would like to pick one up. I would get the da4es but some people have speculated that it might be inferior to the 5es. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks