EMERGENCY Christmas Help Needed: Yamaha Electric Piano Digital "Player Piano" Files

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Scooter, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    OK...here's the deal..I bought The Lovely Michelle an electric piano for Christmas and I would LOVE to have it playing on Christmas morning. Are there any sites, rooms on IRC, etc. where I can look for said files???

It's this piece here:

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...cfkjdgoodfkh.0

It's the Model: DGX500ADB So it would have to be compatible. PLEASE help...I know y'all can help me!!!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. She doesn't read in the forums much..so the surprise is secure. Merry Christmas to All..and to All OAR!!!!

2. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Scooter,

The Yamaha will play General Midi files (*.mid) There are midi files all over the internet. There was a push to remove the files a couple of years ago, but some sites still remain.

Try this one:

http://www.harmony-central.com/MIDI/files.html

There are also several midi newsgroups that have midi's posted. They are very small files, so you should be able to download quite a few.

Enjoy!

3. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    THANK you!!! That site was a GREAT help!!!!

Question..why was there an effort to rid the net of midi files? The one's I heard from a link I found on that site sounded quite nice and full..not the rinky dink sounds I have heard from personal sites that offer midi files.

Anyhow..Merry Christmas and thanks again.

4. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Someone went on a "royality" kick a couple of years ago, saying that midi files were like a performance, and thus, if you created a midi file, you owed the author of the music a royality any time someone played your file. They were able to get a lot of midi sites to shut down. Fortunately, many have come back.

I'm glad I could help, and I hope The Lovely Michelle enjoyed her Christmas present!