What's new

Email Sen. McCain about burn-in (1 Viewer)

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
You can send an email to Senator John McCain (Chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation) asking him for some support in regulating burn-in causing network logos. Here's the address:

[email protected]

He's now overlooking the digital TV transition, so other comments about that subject can be directed to him as well.

Jan

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I suppose burn-in would have to be the "hook," as I doubt the senator would care much about aesthetic issues regarding the station bugs.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Considering the ridiculous rules the FCC has (like the "indecency" rules and a required 3 hours per week of "childrens' educational programming" on each TV station), a law against any constant onscreen display that is not directly part of the program should be viable.
I read that a long time ago the FCC prohibited letterboxing though, as they thought people would think their display was broken. Don't know how long that lasted though as I remember seeing "Manhattan" letterboxed on broadcast TV a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks