What's new

Email picture files? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Are email file pictures displayed in OE kept locally? If so, where are they so they can be ddeleted? all those Spam messages that load quickly on my cable modem could be hogging up space... thanks

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
They should be deleted when the email is deleted. You could look through the OE folder for any temp directories and empty them out, but I would think they'd be trashed with the messages.

Cary_H

Second Unit
OE? Outlook Express?
I'd suggest you stop any e-mail you don't want coming near your PC by using one of the many "washing" programs out there.
You run them first to see what's sitting on your Internet provider's E-mail servers, screen what's sitting there, delete all the junk you don't want, then open OE to bring in just the ones you do.
I've been using one called "Mailwasher" for some time now, and I find it OK.
Just do a search for it in Google. Set it up to let you open OE manually after it's done it's thing.
I experienced some lockup problems initially, 'til I learned not to close it prior to it completing all it's tasks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks