What's new

eMail Box Help (1 Viewer)

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit
I'm looking to get a permanent account that will not be defunct any time soon :angry: So much of life is dependant on email that when it goes down it's a major hassle.

What I'm looking for:

1.) Both POP3 & web based access to the account
2.) Preferably pay service as it will be more reliable
3.) A domain name that I can give to work colleagues, i.e. [email protected] is not very professional.
4.) Most importantly I'd like this to be a well established company with little chance of it discontinuing services.

All recommendations welcome :emoji_thumbsup:

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I get all my internet needs (except for the actual connection) through a local ISP. They are small enough to offer personal service, including helping you set up home servers, set up linux, etc. They have an excellent reputation, only all downtime is planned and evenso, is very rare. They've been around for years and there's no way they'd go out of business anytime soon or get bought up. They let me host my website, give me email with multiple aliases, POP and webmail access, and even allow me to SSH in to their server. They have very reasonable prices and non-profit domain hosting is almost nil. Plus, I like that fact that if I have a problem I can drive down the street and talk with them in person.

I would look into a local ISP in your area. If you can find something like this, it would be ideal. I don't know where you live, though, so I can't really recommend one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks