Elwy Yost Interviews

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Randy Selz, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Randy Selz

Randy Selz Auditioning

During the 1980's and 1990's TV Ontario in Canada (sort of a Canadian PBS) aired a show 'Saturday Night at the Movies', which was hosted by Elwy Yost ...each night consisted of two classic movies, between which there were interviews conducted by Mr. Yost, with many Hollywood directors and actors. There were hundreds of these interviews taped over the years, many with top Hollywood folks who are no longer with us. Most of the interviews were focused on the specific films that were screened each week. Yost retired in 1999, and I believe that the interviews were donated to the Motion Picture Academy.

Just wondering if any of the studios have ever unearthed these, for inclusion on DVD? There is definitely a treasure trove of rare interviews with Mr. Yost, waiting to be discovered. Do any Canadian forumers remember these?
    If they were indeed donated to the Academy, would that solve any copyright issues?

2. Steve JD

Steve JD Stunt Coordinator

Randy, I remember reading about that when he retired.

I guess the only way to find out would be to check with TV Ontario.

I LOVED watching those interviews. Even though Yost no longer hosts the show, old interviews are still shown after the movies.