Elvis is Back!! Paramount Releases 4 Titles In Their Original OAR

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brent Avery, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

Well, I usually try to keep tabs on what titles the Studios are releasing but have to admit I never heard or even remotely thought that these four Elvis films were due for a release:
    GIRLS,GIRLS,GIRLS
    FUN IN ACAPULCO
    PARADISE HAWAIIAN STYLE
    EASY COME,EASY GO
    Boy, was I excited when I saw them at the local Walmart! I live in Vancouver, B.C., Canada and they were retailing for 16.88 cdn. Naturally I just could not resist as I have a soft spot for those light hearted films of that era. Who could argue with 'The King'? Some people will disagree of course, but he did have talent- beyond his singing. Unfortunately he ended up in a rut with a few of the movies he was in over the years. All those of us who give these releases the stamp of approval can only hope that It Happened At The World's Fair will eventually make it to dvd as well some day. All four are in widescreen- enhanced for 16:9 tvs- with remixed audio tracks in 5.1 Digital. No extras though. I have not viewed them yet but hopefully they are at least as good as the first batch they released. A big thankyou Paramount!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. jonathan_little

jonathan_little Stunt Coordinator

I've watched Fun in Acapulco on CED at least a dozen times. There are some great songs in this one, including "Bossa Nova Baby" and "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here."

It will be great to see this film in its OAR, but I'm not holding my breath for amazing sound quality here.