Elvis Gone From Ravens!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan L B, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

They cut him since he would not take a pay cut[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] . I am the person who thought he sucked.

2. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

90% of KC Cheifs fans agree with you about "Gervis".

3. Ryan L B

we all call him Garbage

4. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Interestingly enough, I was reading an article at espn.com about how shopping for veteran free agents hasn't turned out as well as teams thought it would. They're learning that the basics of evaluating and developing college talent is really what's important.

5. Russ Lucas

Russ Lucas Stunt Coordinator

Somewhere Trent Dilfer is laughing heartily.

Wonder if the Ravens will swallow their pride and give him a call.

6. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

The latest Trent Dilfer rumor is that the Redskins are interested in him. They already signed Jesse Armstead and Ridell Anthony today.
    Elvis is talking with Cincinnati. The Bungels are about his talent level. [​IMG]

7. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Well at least something good came out of this abyss of a season. Calling my equally Elvis-hating friend up and saying, "Elvis has left the building" was the most satisfying thing about this wretched affair for me. If we get Trent back, we can go 0-16 and I'll still be happy because TRENT DILFER IS GOD!!!!

8. Scott Merryfield

Forget all those Trent Dilfer rumors. He just resigned with Seattle and will go into training camp as the first string QB. Matt Hassleback has been demoted to backup QB.

9. Andrew_Sch

Well now I'm happy and sad. Sad because Trent just resigned with the Seahawks, but happy because he's the number one guy going into camp, so good for him. As long as they don't get in the Raven's way, then Seahawks in 2002!

10. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

When Elvis' release was announced on Friday afternoon, the talk-show I was listening to stated "Happy hours all over the state just started cheering"...

Can't believe they released all that proven talent while still trying to negotiate with Grbac. If he choked with Shannon Sharpe, etc, what would he do with a lesser team ?

Guess we should be happy if the Ravens hit .500 this year. Thank gawd I'm a NE transplant, Go PATS !!!!

11. Ryan L B

What time did they make the official announcment since I found out at around 3:40 on 98 Rock.

12. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

13. BrandonM

BrandonM Stunt Coordinator

One thing about the whole Dilfer vs. Grbac comparison that you have to remember is that Dilfer had Jamal Lewis to help carry the load and take the pressure off him, while Grbac had almost no help from the running game. When defenses were keyed to stop Jamal Lewis, Dilfer had a lot less pressure on him and easier coverage.
    Elvis Grbac may actually be a good fit with the Bengals. He'd have Corey Dillon to do the bulk of the work and he should have a much better season than last year with the Ravens.
    About the comments about the him being at the "Bungels" level, if you didn't notice, the Bengals went 6-10 last year and easily could have been 10-6. I wouldn't be too suprised to see the Bengals with a better record than the Ravens next year and even make the playoffs. Their defense kept them in a lot of games last year and with a solid QB, they would be a much better team. Don't let a jaded fan like Brian fool you, some of us Bengals fans are actually looking forward towards next season [​IMG]

14. Scott Merryfield

Well, Bengal fans, if things fall through with Grbac you can always sign another QB who's getting cut because he was way overpaid -- Charlie Batch from my home team. One other benefit to signing Batch -- he's used to losing. You'll have to wait until June 1st, though, since Batch will not be cut until then for salary cap reasons.

15. Andrew_Sch

16. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Most Chiefs fans were glad to get rid of Grbac because he was such a whiner. Everytime he would screw up he blammed the rest of the team on his mistakes. It was always everyone else's fault.

Two of the best years we had were when Elvis got injured and Rich Gannon took over the quarterback position. Rich would come in and take us all the way to the playoffs then Grbac would come off the DL and screw up our chances of going any further. No Chief fan ever understood how Schottenheimer could keep Elvis in as "his quarterback" when all he did was screw up and then let Rich go to the Raiders.

It took getting rid of Marty ball for us to be able to also get rid Elvis. I am not at all surprised that it took the Raven's only one season to see what a loser of a player that Grbac really is.

Parker

17. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

A local Classic Rock station (104.3) is having an "Elvis has left the building" weekend...

Can ya tell people are pretty happy about ?