Elvis - dvd of performance on Fox Movie channel

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ray R, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Ray R

Ray R Stunt Coordinator

I made a rather suprising discovery last night. I like Elvis. The Fox Movie Channel was showing one of his performances and I was wonder if that preformance is available on DVD? I checked the TV listings last night, but this must have been a last minute substitution.

2. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

It might have been the recently restored Elvis: That's The Way It Is. Both versions have been on DVD; the original is out-of-print. A year or so ago, it was completely recut to be more of a concert film. Of course, the video and audio were substantially cleaned up as well. WidescreenReview.com had a good article on the "restoration" and recut that I can no longer find. TCM also shows it every so often... I believe they financed the restoration. Or some Turner company did.

3. Brian O

Brian O Second Unit

Best Buy has the newest version of "The Way It Is" for $15. Great disc.

4. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Ray- I would definitely pick up a copy of Elvis That's The Way It Is: Special Edition. Excellent disc and I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised with the picture quality (and yes, it is anamorphic). Sound quality is also top-notch; especially when considering that this film was made over 30 years ago. I had the opportunity to see TTWII: SE in the theater at the Richard and Karen Carpenter Performing Arts Center in Long Beach, CA. -- truly a masterpiece of a restoration. Now, if only Warner could do the same type of restoration on Superman II. [​IMG]