Elvis........coming out on DVD-A....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin Lane, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=270
    Here is the link to the story, I saw posted on AA. Now I wish I never bought the original Elv1s CD, but it will still be nice for comparison sake. This is very good news for the DVD-A format as well as rock fans in general.

2. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

Though not an Elvis fan, this might be the kick in the ass that DVD-A needs to really get going with more A+ titles.

3. Al B. C

Al B. C Supporting Actor

This is great news.
    The Beach Boys, Madonna, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan & now Elvis!
    C'mon gimme The Beatles. [​IMG]

4. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

This is great !!!...I haven't purchased a DVD-A title in a while....I'll also add this to my dad's christmas list [​IMG]

5. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

beach boys and madonna? did i miss something?

6. Al B. C

Al B. C Supporting Actor

I guess so. The Beach Boys already have a release date for "Pet Sounds" and Madonna titles have been announced with no dates yet.

7. Micahel C

Micahel C Stunt Coordinator

Anthony,
    I agree. This will make for a great stocking stuffer.
    Brent,
    Both the Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" and "Surf's Up" titles were announced for DVD-A over a year ago. The following link is the latest news concerning "Pet Sounds". They state the title due out in Jan '03. The actual date is currently Jan 7th along with The Band's "Music From From Big Pink" due the same day. If Emi/Capitol follows previous release history, we may see a couple of other titles from them at the same time. I'm hoping for Heart's "Dreamboat Annie" and Bonnie Raitt's "Nick Of Time" both of which were previously annouced for DVD-A.
    Surround Pro Magazine
    As for Madonna, two of her titles, "Music" and "Greatest Hits Vol 2" were announced earlier this year along with a number of other Warner titles. Quite a few of these, Alanis Morrissette, Faith Hill, Linkin Park, Neil Young, R.E.M. etc have since been released with more to come. Some already have release dates, another R.E.M., Linda Ronstadt, Donald Fagan and Yes. Others, like the Madonna titles, Jackson Browne, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Stevie Nicks, and Paul Simon have yet to receive actual release dates.

8. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Damn!!! And I just sold my DVD-A player!!!

There's still hope though, since BMG has released SACD's in other countries, just maybe Elvis will show up as an import......

9. Justin Lane

Just a note, this title is now up for pre-order at Circuit City for 21.99. They currently have a free shipping promotion going on as well. Nice price for 30 songs in Hi-res from the King.

J

10. ReggieW

ReggieW Screenwriter

I purchased this disc for 10.99 from Circuit City when it was released a few weeks ago. I wish I had known at the time that a new DVD-A was coming, so now I'm on the fence with a second purchase since the regular CD sounds GREAT. This is the reason that the DVD-A/SACD consortium should aim for a day and date releases for new titles so we don't end up having to buy the same disc twice.

Reg

11. Justin Lane

12. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info on this one. I passed on the Redbook due my hi-rez backlog list, so I guess it pays sometimes to not be 'Johnny On The Spot'.

Actually, having the Redbook for the car seems like a good idea, I'll keep an eye on the used bins.