What's new

Elvis and Roger Waters (1 Viewer)

MarkDD

Agent
Sorry for killing two birds with one stone but here it goes.
1. Just picked up the Elvis DVD-A disc and when I play it in 5.1 and turn up the volumne a tad, it seems to somewhat "crackle" at points. What could be causing this?
2. On the In the flesh DVD, during certain songs like the beginning of Mother, there seems to be alot of hissing or a kind of pink noise. Is that just the recording or do I need to set something up different?
Note for both of these listening instances I am in 5.1 mode with one the front two and back 2 speakers operating (I am still waiting for the others to arrive).
System: HK 325 Receiver and B&W 602 s3 bookshelf speakers, rear speakers are in ceiling speakercrafts. Still to come are B&w 60r center, 600 sub, and 600 s3 surround. Front two speakers are sitting on chairs at the moment.
Why oh why could these things be happening? Is my setup not good enough?
Thanks in advance and also a big thanks for letting me listen in for months prior to me buying my setup. ;)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up the Elvis DVD-A disc and when I play it in 5.1 and turn up the volumne a tad, it seems to somewhat "crackle" at points. What could be causing this?
Mark,

Can you name any specific points on the disc where crackling occurs? When I get back from work today, I will check them out for you and we can compare notes. During my listening sessions with this disc, I did not notice excessive crackling anywhere on the disc. It could be a problem inherent with the original masters or it could also be a hardware problem on your side.

J

MarkDD

Agent
I will get an example tonight. I also will check the stereo track as well.

Just a note that my DVD audio sampler has absolutly no problems with the audio.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I had a DVD-A player that would crackle in some songs and not in others. I exchanged it, and it works with no problems. Try the discs in someone else's player.

MarkDD

Agent
Update:

I think I have a suspect disc since I cannot get any menu's. Or maybe this disc does not have any.

Anyway I checked 2 songs. The first one is track 12 (Can't help falling in love). The first word of the song is Wise. There is a cracking sound on this word (Front left speaker).

Also, on track 3, the rear left speaker crackles at the very beginning, maybe 5-10 seconds into it.

Later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks