What's new

Elvis (2022)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Title: Elvis

Genre: Drama, Music

Director: Baz Luhrmann

Cast: Austin Butler, Tom Hanks, Olivia DeJonge, Dacre Montgomery, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Richard Roxburgh, Helen Thomson, Yola, David Wenham, Luke Bracey, Alex Radu, Alton Mason, Xavier Samuel, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Natasha Bassett, Leon Ford, Kate Mulvany, Gareth Davies, Charles Grounds, Josh McConville, Adam Dunn, Gary Clark Jr., Shonka Dukureh

Release: 2022-06-22

Runtime: 163

Plot: The life story of Elvis Presley as seen through the complicated relationship with his enigmatic manager, Colonel Tom Parker.

Here is the trailer

Pnochichi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I'm optimistic. I do love both Luhrmann and Elvis. Both my kids are named after Elvis, in fact. My gut is telling me there will be no middle ground with this one. it will either be brilliant or a train wreck. I can't wait to find out.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
The trailer looks exactly as I'd hoped a Baz Luhrmann film about Elvis would, count me in.
Is this a movie about Col. Parker, Elvis, or both? I haven't actually read much about it yet.
And is Elvis doing the singing (using original songs), or is the actor doing it, like it Moulin Rouge!?
He didn't really look like Elvis, but it didn't matter to me, it still felt like him. And Tom Hanks as Col. Parker, superb.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hanks was filming this in Australia when he got Covid at the beginning of the pandemic.

I’ve been looking forward to seeing this since.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My brother saw this a few months ago and said it was terrific… especially Hanks. Looking forward to it.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
My wife, a huge fan of Tarantino’s Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, had her mind blown when I told her the actor playing Elvis is the same actor who played Tex in that film!

Pnochichi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I grew up living right down the street from Red West in Memphis. He was a big member of the Memphis Mafia, and he used to tell stories of those days quite a bit. It was awesome listening to his first hand accounts of those times and the crazy things they did. His stories of Col. Tom left no doubt about the harm he did and his levels of scruples. It's really a very sad story when told from the POV, and I'm very curious how Baz is going to tell it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The trailer looks good.

I'm in.

Both my kids are named after Elvis, in fact.
If both of your kids are named after the same person, how do you identify them individually when they're both in the same room?

Hanks was filming this in Australia when he got Covid at the beginning of the pandemic.

I’ve been looking forward to seeing this since.
You've only been looking forward to this after Hanks got Covid? I must be reading this wrong because that doesn't make sense.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
You've only been looking forward to this after Hanks got Covid? I must be reading this wrong because that doesn't make sense.
Hah. No, I meant I first heard about it in the stories about Hanks getting Covid ("Tom Hanks, in Australia filming a movie about Col. Tom Parker and Elvis, was diagnosed with Covid today...").

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I am not a fan of Baz Luhmann. He almost always camps up his films and stage shows.. I am a great fan of Elvis however so maybe he will finally have a film that will engage me? One can't tell by watching the trailer as they are made to lure you into the cinema and generally on false pretences. Few people know that Baz also directed Joan Sutherland's last opera on stage at the Sydney Opera House.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Last edited:

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I had zero interest in this at all until I learned that Baz Luhrmann was doing it.
Having Baz Luhrmann as the director is enough to put me off seeing it. I have never been a fan of Baz as a director. His woeful, tedious and overlong flop AUSTRALIA will be re - issued as a mini series with unseen material added to it. Heaven forbid.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks