Elusive Disc is taking pre-orders for three Creedence Clearwater Revival SACDs!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Sep 20, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I just received the latest e-mail newsletter from Elusive Disc, and they are taking pre-orders for the Creedence Clearwater Revival Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bayou Country, and Green River hybrid stereo SACDs. Each disc is $24.99, and all three will supposedly be available on November 15th. To pre-order these discs, go to www.elusivedisc.com , click on "Pre-order/Coming Soon", and then click on "Stereo SACD".
    These should be great discs. I just wish they were cheaper. $24.99 is pricey for an SACD by today's standards.

2. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

Well, the number of new SACDs I want has now officially surpassed my ability to pay for them. I guess that's a good sign for the format. [​IMG]
    Ryan

3. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Dan, I hear you. $24.99 is pricey for an SACD. We are dealing with a smaller label in Analogue Productions, so perhaps that explains the high price. Also, I have heard nothing about the CCR SACDs being available in retail stores, so it seems as though these discs are being targeted to the audiophiles. I know that mail-order dealers like Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds will have them, but I am not sure if the biggies like Amazon and CDNOW will. In any event, I am discouraged by the price. I bought the Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1964-1971 SACD, which is a two-disc hybrid set, for $29.99 at Best Buy. The CCR SACDs are obviously not a good deal. That said, I will probably buy them anyway because I love CCR. I would like to read some reviews first, though.
    Many smaller record labels have gotten away from selling single SACDs for $24.99. Telarc and Chesky are examples. However, some are still pricey, such as Groove Note, the new MFSL, and Analogue Productions. Hopefully these labels will wake up, and soon.
    Finally, some people who have pre-ordered the CCR SACDs from Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds have been told that the discs will be out before the end of this month. I guess November 15th is incorrect. I'll believe it when I see it. [​IMG]

5. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I'm with Dan on this. I am not that big of a CCR fan that I will pay that much for their music. I will be content with the redbook CDs I have of theirs.

6. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

7. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee

8. Michael St. Clair

Years ago, if it was music I really loved, I had no problem dropping $25 on a MFSL or CBS gold disc.

The CD 'side' of these should be even better than the gold discs of yore. SACD 'side' is massive bonus.

I can't see criticizing the price of these releases.

I will probably buy these after a couple of months from whoever has the best price.

And I don't have SACD (yet)!

9. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Michael,
    I have criticized the price of the CCR SACDs, however, I will buy them anyway. [​IMG]
    Ryan,
    I have the DCC gold CD of Pendulum, and it is excellent. Still, I would love to hear "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" on SACD.

10. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

I have used copies of Chronicles parts 1 & 2 (which sound good BTW) so I'll be happy to get these. Straight forward American R&R by a great group.

Price wise, we win some, lose some. Music such as CCR, is priceless so just do it.