What's new

Elton John's "Capt. Fantastic" to be released as a Deluxe Edition? (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
According to pauseandplay.com Elton John's "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" is scheduled to be released as a Deluxe Edition from MCA/UME on September 13th.

I assume it will be like the Deluxe Edition of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", but I could not find any further info on it. Anybody here have any details?

Thanks-
Jimmy

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
from livedaily.com :

Elton John celebrates the 30th anniversary of his triple-platinum "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" album in September with the release of an expanded, deluxe edition of the set, as well as some commemorative concert dates.

For the first time since the album was first issued, John and his band will play the "Captain Fantastic" album in its entirely during a series of sold-out concerts Sept. 16-17 at Boston's TD Banknorth Garden, and Sept. 21, 23 and 24 at New York's Madison Square Garden, according to a press release.

The two-disc deluxe edition of the album, which hits stores Sept. 13, features the entire full-length album on Disc One, as well as several bonus tracks that were originally issued as singles in 1974 and early 1975. Among them is his duet of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" with John Lennon, as well as John's rendition of "One Day at a Time" (a song penned by Lennon). Filling out Disc One are "Philadelphia Freedom" and "House of Cards" (the b-side to "Someone Save My Life Tonight").

Disc Two houses John's June 21, 1975 performance of the album in its entirety, recorded at London's Wembley Stadium--the only time to date he's performed the full set in concert. It also features the encores from the show: "Pinball Wizard" and "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting."

John will open a new round of U.S. arena dates in early September, and he'll be in Las Vegas for his production "The Red Piano" through October.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Here is the track listing:TRACK LISTING:

DISC ONE
Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy
Tower Of Babel
Bitter Fingers
Tell Me When The Whistle Blows
Someone Saved My Life Tonight
(Gotta Get A) Meal Ticket
Better Off Dead
Writing
We All Fall In Love Sometimes
Curtains

BONUS TRACKS:
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (single)
One Day At A Time (b-side)
Philadelphia Freedom (single)
House Of Cards (b-side)

DISC TWO
LIVE AT WEMBLEY JUNE 21 1975 (all tracks previously unreleased)
Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy (Live)
Tower Of Babel (Live)
Bitter Fingers (Live)
Tell Me When The Whistle Blows (Live)
Someone Saved My Life Tonight (Live)
(Gotta Get A) Meal Ticket (Live)
Better Off Dead (Live)
Writing (Live)
We All Fall In Love Sometimes (Live)
Curtains (Live)
Pinball Wizard (Live)
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting (Live)

On disc one, the hybrid SACD aleady out has everything except House Of Cards

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up the SACD from yourmusic.com for $5.99 which has the bonus songs too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks