Elton John- ONE NIGHT ONLY...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Coleman, Aug 26, 2002.

1. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Jan 5, 2000
    ... got a chance to check out this disc for the first time the other day. Listened to the DTS and must admit that i loved the mix and the resolution of the DVD. Great Audio for a concert DVD. However...what is up with that video? It looks horrible! It was obviously shot on 16x9 video but it looks terrible! Looks like the video was transfered to film and the film transferred to video? Why not just transfer directly from the video. I haven't seen a music video concert look this bad since i saw Tina Turner-Live in Amsterdam and Janet Jackson- Live from Madison Square Garden!

Anyone else agree?

2. Derek Baker

Derek Baker Stunt Coordinator

Aug 12, 2001
    The DTS audio mix is one of the best i've heard - very clean and strong, but the video is something else.
    God what i'd give for someone to shoot their show in 35mm and put all other music DVD's to shame.
  3. John J Nelson

John J Nelson Stunt Coordinator

Dec 21, 2001
    I believe some pretty severe compression was used on the video to get this to fit all on one disc - a 2+ hour feature, DD and DTS (and isn't there a PCM track in there too?)

I agree, the video does not do justice to the sound, and this should have been a 2-disc set.

-- J.