What's new

Elton John, Live At Madison Square Garden (1 Viewer)

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Elton John, One Night Only – The Greatest Hits. Live At Madison Square Garden.

I don’t know how long this title has been out on DVD, but I’m sure glad I found it today.

The concert is presented in 16:9 aspect ratio, and offers both DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 audio tacks, although DTS is not mentioned anywhere in or on the package. The DTS track is noticeably more robust sounding than the DD track. Mainly because the DTS mix cranks up the surround volume considerably, while the DD mix seems to place a wider sound stage across the front. Both mixes place Elton’s vocals squarely in the center of the sound stage, so it will pay to have a quality center channel that can produce male vocals as true as possible.

Having been an Elton fan since the late 60’s, I am thrilled with this DVD. Many times, artist’s will change the tempo and rhythm of their numbers during live performances, this concert is very true their original recordings. You won’t be disappointed, and I bet you catch yourself singing along to some of the most memorable tunes and melodies of recent history.

I’m listening to ‘Daniel’ as I write this, and It’s giving me goosebumps.

If you are a fan, run, don't walk to pick this up.

RogerB

Second Unit
Thanks for the review, Bill. I've been wanting this DVD since I first heard about it.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a question about this DVD...
I remember seeing this on a retail shelf months ago and seem to recall that it had a different packaging than all the versions that I've come accross listed online. I remember the DVD case being exactly the same as the Greatest Hits album cover as shown here...
B00006RAKP.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've seen another copy like this listed on Ebay but was weary of purchasing since I cannot find any evidence that it was officially released as such and do not want to pick up an import or bootlegged copy.
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if 2 versions of this DVD were ever released, or if for whatever reason, alternate covers were issued?
It's not a big deal, I personally prefer the cover listed above but I'm more interested in knowing if such was available as I seem to recall, and more importantly to avoid unofficial copies if going through Ebay...
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks