What's new

Elo tour cancelled (1 Viewer)

Richard Fernandez

Stunt Coordinator
This fucken sucks, I was all hyped up for their show here in San Diego. Sony did not want to back up his tour.
furious.gif
furious.gif

Sorry Guys! :) :)
E.L.O
[Edited last by Richard Fernandez on August 21, 2001 at 12:26 PM]

Steve Owen

Second Unit
Two reasons...
1) Lack of ticket sales (likely due to overly high ticket prices... the local show here was $75 each BEFORE any surcharges)
2) Lack of sales of new album (which had only sold about 52,000 copies since it was released in June).
-Steve

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry that fans won't get to see the band, but was anyone honestly surprised by the cancellation? I first heard about the show in Philly for Madonna last month; they stuck a flier under my windshield. I was astonished to hear that ELO'd play the FU Center. When I asked people where they thought a reunited ELO would play, they uniformly answered "Constitution Hall", a local venue that holds about 3000. All felt astonished that the band would be booked in 20,000 seat arenas.
As such, I don't think it's a shock the shows didn't fill the places. Even with a lower ticket price, I just don't see a whole lot of enthusiasm for the band. That's not a knock on them, but frankly not all that many folks remember them...
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Why should anyone in the US want to see the ELO concert when PBS is showing the Zoom concert during pledge week? After seeing it myself, I wouldn't mind going to see it live, but I assume everyone is waiting for the DVD of Zoom concert to come out.

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I think it was more of a Jeff Lynn concert then an E.L.O. concert. By the way I watched the Zoom concert on PBS and thought it was OK but not worth paying $75 for. Did anyone else think that the cello player on the left looked like Nicole Kidman?

Users who are viewing this thread