1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Elo tour cancelled

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Fernandez, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Richard Fernandez

Richard Fernandez Stunt Coordinator

This fucken sucks, I was all hyped up for their show here in San Diego. Sony did not want to back up his tour. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sorry Guys! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    E.L.O
    [Edited last by Richard Fernandez on August 21, 2001 at 12:26 PM]

2. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Who is Elo? Any relation to J-Lo?

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

4. Steve Owen

Steve Owen Second Unit

Two reasons...
    1) Lack of ticket sales (likely due to overly high ticket prices... the local show here was $75 each BEFORE any surcharges)
    2) Lack of sales of new album (which had only sold about 52,000 copies since it was released in June).
    -Steve

5. Todd Hostettler

Todd Hostettler Second Unit

Does this mean we can expect another "Traveling Wilburries" album soon?

6. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

I'm sorry that fans won't get to see the band, but was anyone honestly surprised by the cancellation? I first heard about the show in Philly for Madonna last month; they stuck a flier under my windshield. I was astonished to hear that ELO'd play the FU Center. When I asked people where they thought a reunited ELO would play, they uniformly answered "Constitution Hall", a local venue that holds about 3000. All felt astonished that the band would be booked in 20,000 seat arenas.
    As such, I don't think it's a shock the shows didn't fill the places. Even with a lower ticket price, I just don't see a whole lot of enthusiasm for the band. That's not a knock on them, but frankly not all that many folks remember them...
    ------------------
    Colin Jacobson
    DVD Movie Guide
    www.dvdmg.com

7. Anthony Hom

Anthony Hom Supporting Actor

Why should anyone in the US want to see the ELO concert when PBS is showing the Zoom concert during pledge week? After seeing it myself, I wouldn't mind going to see it live, but I assume everyone is waiting for the DVD of Zoom concert to come out.

8. BrianM

BrianM Stunt Coordinator

I think it was more of a Jeff Lynn concert then an E.L.O. concert. By the way I watched the Zoom concert on PBS and thought it was OK but not worth paying $75 for. Did anyone else think that the cello player on the left looked like Nicole Kidman?