What's new

Ellen season 5 - possibly edited episode? (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I received a review copy of this set today and I watched the first episode, which clocks in at 21:08. This is from nine years ago when sitcoms were beginning to shorten down a bit, but this still seems about 1-2 minutes too short for 1997 standards, the second episode clocks in at 22:06 (slightly more common for the time), so I'm wondering if this was a slightly shorter episode or if there was a little that was taken out for syndication.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
For what it's worth: Season 4 had an episode that only ran 20:57, the others were between 21:30 and 23:30, with 22:20 being the norm. There seems to be quite a bit of time fluctuation going on.

So far I couldn't find any info that any of these were indeed cut. But that isn't saying much as there's hardly any talk about the sets as is. I didn't notice any edits myself so far (Season 1-4), but it's been a while since I've seen the shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks