What's new

Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi a couple???? (1 Viewer)

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

Maybe I should have stated it another way. Do we have threads announcing which starlette Collin Farrell banged this last weekend* or that Ben Afleck and Jennifer Garner are dating? No. But two female (lesbian) stars are dating and whoa, stop the presses.

*(Lindsay Lohan)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
DaveBB, Take your pills and chill.
I think that people were a bit supriseed that Portia De Rossi is gay, thats all. I dont think that anyone is making a big deal about this.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

There have been rumors around that he did several weeks ago at some party... val kilmer's place or something. But just rumors that lucky bastard :angry:

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Sorry, I'll chill.

BTW: anyone notice how some not so attractive lesbian celebrities are ending up with some younger cutties?

Ellen & Portia?
Mellissa Etheridge & Tammy Lynn Michaels?
Rosie O' Donnell & Kelli Carpenter?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hmmm...watch out Ellen...a youngish, pale, wispy-blonde actress with the puppy dog eyes...if she starts telling you she is God's daughter or something I would bolt.....quickly.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

[slow voice]
Because, shes going out with an attractive girl. :confused: :rolleyes
[/slow voice]

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor

Man, with the "slow voice", and the double-smileys (including the dreaded "rolleyes") and everything! That's cute.

See, when someone says something about a known lesbian "having good taste", I take that to be a joke about the whole cunnilingus aspect of the lesbian sexual experience.

But that's just me, and in addition to being slow and dull-witted, I have poor taste, evidently.

Carry on.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

That's funny, I'd be the first one to jump on the humorous aspects of that comment and the only thing that came to my mind is that Portia is an attractive woman and Ellen is showing good taste in women for dating her. Seems to point out that anyone can find bigotry, intolerance and/or hostile comments anywhere they look, if they look hard enough - Jeez, even a complimentary statement gets run through the ringer.:rolleyes

Elinor

Supporting Actor
>"BTW: anyone notice how some not so attractive lesbian celebrities are ending up with some younger cutties?"

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder.

I think Ellen is cute as hell.

And I'd take someone smart and funny any day, however they look, over some vapid pretty face. Pretty faces age too, and when the lights go out, everyone is beautiful.

To each his own.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

I couldnt agree more. Ive actually been clowned by a friend of mine (lesbian actually; how ironic :) ) for some of the girls Ive dated. Ive told her pretty much the same thing.

I would rather date someone who is funny, has a good heart, and have fun with than a "plastic". Yeah Id love to have a cheerleader or a Playboy centerfold but not if they are full of themselves.

And yes Ellen is adorable.

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming"
*couldnt resist" :D

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor

Since this appears to be directed at me, let me just clarify that I'm not bigoted, intolerant, and/or hostile toward Ellen Degeneres, Portia de Rossi, or any other lesbians.

What I am guilty of, though, is not wanting to see (what I thought was) a good lesbian joke go unnoticed.

Guess I've been spending too much time hanging out at DVDTalk as of late.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I was commenting on the thread posters who immediately assumed that any mention of the fact that Portia was a lesbian is a sign of homophobia, intolerance or bigotry. Sorry you thought it was directed at you, I can see how you thought it was. Reading back over my answer, I obviously mistook you for one who was whining about the quoted poster for making a crass double entendre, when it was just you making the joke. I heartedly stand up for your right to make a crass joke in "After Hours" sorry that I mistook you for a busy body. Much apologies!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks