What's new

Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi a couple???? (1 Viewer)

Phil_L

Second Unit
IMDB story today says these two are a couple now. How did I not know that Portia de Rossi was a lesbian??? Is this well known? For better or worse, the sexual orientation of celebs usually gets alot of ink. Makes me think I would have heard of this before. Well, anyway, good luck to both of them!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The news (of Portia's sexual preference) came out back when Portia was still part of the cast on "Ally McBeal".

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
It gets a lot of ink only if the celebs choose to make it a big story. I didn't know Ian McKellen was gay until he guest starred on SNL.

Elinor

Supporting Actor
I saw a news photo of Ellen with the Hedison lady a couple of weeks ago (David Hedison's daughter ... I forget her name). They have been together quite some time. I'd be very surprised if they had split.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

McKellen came out on BBC radio in 1988 (i.e., 16 years ago). He did so in opposition to some proposed legislation (which never passed, AFAIK) and has been a gay rights activist ever since.

M.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
You guys aren't keeping up with your After Hours Lounge reading assignments. I "outed" Portia de Rossi in this thread back in August.

Now get this mental picture of her with Ellen DeGeneres out of my head. It's like seeing Paulina Poriskova and Ric Ocasek together. OK, maybe it isn't that bad. :D

Brad

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
...and why should I care who Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi are dating?

I'm not trying to thread-fart here. But what difference does it make to me who they are dating and what their preferrences are? All I know is that my mom likes the "Ellen" show and that Portia is on "Arrested Development"?

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor

Then why did you click on this link and read the thread.... The title of the thread pretty much sums it up.

I would have thought Portia could have done better! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks