Elizabethtown

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ThomasC, Jun 22, 2005.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

2. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I wonder if Michael Elliot has a cameo. [​IMG]

3. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

I live 20 minutes from Elizabethtown. Most of the filming they did in KY took place near Versailles I believe.

4. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

Wow! That's one of the strangest trailers that I've seen in a long time. It tries only to convey the feeling of the film, but give no clue as to what it's actually about. I kind of like that. I'm going to be counting the days until this is released.[​IMG]

5. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Cameron Crowe.

Easy sell for me.

Fall, this year.

Looking forward to it,
    Chuck

6. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

7. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    I was just thinking the same thing about Garden State. I liked Garden State...didn't love it. I think Zach Braff is a fine talent, but he's no Cameron Crowe. So I have high expectations.

Hope that works out for me,
    Chuck

8. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

A bit atypical for Cameron, no? What's the catch? Perhaps he is broadening his horizons?

I wish Orlando Bloom would just go away already. Why the worse actor in LOTR the one who seems to have benefited the most from the movies?

--
    H

9. Haggai

Haggai Producer

Not crazy about Bloom either, but maybe he'll do OK in this different sort of role. I do love me some Kirsten.

10. Jerry R Colvin

Jerry R Colvin Stunt Coordinator

Parts of this movie were filmed in Louisville a year ago. Need to see more of this beautiful city in the movies...

11. Noah U

Noah U Auditioning

I will watch any movie with Kirsten Dunst. I think this movie will be interesting to find out if Orlando Bloom can really act instead of just riding a horse and swinging a weapon.

12. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott

NO!!!!! [​IMG]

My buddy has a buddy who will be in the one scene that was actually shot in Elizabethtown. Apparently Bloom is driving around the "town circle" and a motorcycle goes around him. Apparently Crowe spotted this guy on his bike and liked the bike so he's in the movie. I know another girl who apparently got to "know" Bloom but I guess that's another topic.

I remember them shooting that day because I had to drive 20 minutes out of the way because I go around the circle to get to work. Needless to say, a lot of people really weren't too happy about them being here. I talked to a lot of people about this and in fact, none of them were happy. I guess Bloom playing a hick didn't sit too well with them.

The one day they shot here was a horrid day due to several very bad thunderstorms so I guess this scene will be quite rainy. [​IMG]

Born and raised in Elizabethtown, I find no personal thrill that a movie is being named after the city especially when they shoot one brief scene in the actual town.

I'm even more upset now because the city took the money from the film and are fixing up the circle, which means countless delays. If you've driving through this thing you'll know what I mean because it's a lot worse now.

Back in the day, THE INSIDER was being shot in Louisville. My friends and I were driving around looking for something (that I won't name here [​IMG]) and came across a car on fire. Turns out they were filming this for the movie but I can't remember if this scene is actually in there or not. I saw this one opening day and remember there being dozens of cigarette people out there trying to get people to skip the movie and trying to tell them the film was nothing but lies. Hopefully I can see ELIZABETHTOWN without all this trouble.

13. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

14. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

It's back online.

15. AlexCremers

AlexCremers Second Unit

I watched 'Vanilla Sky' again and enjoyed it a lot more than the first time. So after 'Almost Famous' and 'Vanilla Sky', two movies I like, I was thinking, what's Crowe up to these days? Holy, I found that his new movie is about to hit the theater! Hooray! Oh, wait! I just watched the trailer of 'Elizabethtown' and it's a downer. An absence of four years and he comes up with this?!

16. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I only just realized we're dealing with Cameron Crowe, not James Cameron :b.

--
    H

17. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Two month penalty ban from posting in Movies. [​IMG]

I think it looks like another gem from Cameron, another solid romantic light comedy. He's so good with relationship material. And really, wasn't Garden State just a Cameron Crowe film in spirit, style and inspiration?

18. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

That about sums it up for me, too. Finally, someone using Orlando Bloom in a different fashion than oddly feminine action hero.

I LOVED Garden State and agree that it seems to be operating in similar territory. Bloom intrigues me, but Kirsten Dunst has never appealed to me. We'll see. Atleast it's interesting.

19. Jeff Pounds

Jeff Pounds Second Unit

VERY astute comparison, IMHO.

Especially since Cameron Crowe has always been the MASTER at using relativly obscure (at least to the general public) popular music to great effect in his films.

I'd say that Zach Braff accomplished that quite well in GARDEN STATE.