What's new

Elizabeth: The Golden Age HD-DVD Combo Feb 5th (1 Viewer)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Early information indicate that Elizabeth: The Golden Age, starring Cate Blanchett, Geoffrey Rush and Clive Owen, will be available to own in high-definition exclusively on HD DVD/DVD Combo disc, come February 5, 2008.

Expect the main feature on the disc to be presented in 1080p High-Definition (OAR) with Dolby Digital-Plus & Dolby TrueHD audio tracks.

Supplemental materials include but may not be limited to

The Reign Continues: Making Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Inside Elizabeth's World
Deleted Scenes
Commanding the Winds: Creating the Armada
Towers, Courts and Cathedrals
Stay tuned for further details when this HD DVD title is announced

Sadly, I was very disappointed in this film. Too much style and not enough substance...of course, all imho.

Hopefully, Uni will announce Lust, Caution in the coming weeks.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Thanks for the notice! I too was a little disappointed. The first film was near perfection and this one lost its way somewhat. I will still own it because Cate is really very good even if the film isn't as good as it should have been.

Neil

Manus

Second Unit
I enjoyed it , I'm in . Maybe the story was limited by historical accuracy , definitely not as good as the first film

~M~

Dan M

Second Unit
I'll probably get this too as I'm a fan of the first film. ETGA isn't as good as the first but still has it's merits. I wished they had focused a little more on the Mary Queen of Scots sequences a bit more though. I feel certain this will end up as trilogy as there is so much more of Elizabeths reign to cover. Might as well. Everything is a trilogy these days! Cate's performance is as usual, perfect

Bummed by the combo thing though since that means a hefty price for a film thats so-so.....

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator
I hope Shekar Kapur does a commentary track. His track for the first movie is among my favourite tracks of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks