What's new

Elite 45A Quirk? (1 Viewer)

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
I was just wondering if other owners have had this happen to them or is it just an isolated incident?

This is my basic setup. I use the players analog outputs for DVDA and SACD exclusively. So yesterday I put in a DVDA and get no signal going to my sub - it doesn't even turn on. I go into the speaker setup menu to verify all speakers set to small/sub on. What do I find? Fronts small, center large, rears LARGE and sub on.

How could this happen? The day before it worked fine on the same disc. No one else there to tamper with my settings.
Do I have a possessed machine? This is the second or third time this has happened. I followed the directions on setup to make sure my selections are stored. I have even gone back into the menu to verify my selections.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
When these first came out, some users reported something along the lines of what you reported, but as you said, you have correctly followed the steps to be sure that the settings were stored. As such, I vote for alien possession as the cause.

Seriously, I have not had this happen on mine (bought in October last year).

I know there is a total reset procedure in the manual (which would nuke ALL your user settings). Perhaps give that a shot (sort of like Cntrl/Alt/Delete), reset things to your configuration, and see what happens.

BGL

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Brian. That's a good idea. Maybe a total reset is in order. If that doesn't work then I will attempt an exorcism!:D

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
One thing that I noticed, is that if you go in and change stuff in the menu structure, and then immediately hit the Setup button to exit, the changes don't "stick." You have to hit "Enter" at least once on the remote first. But that actually doesn't sound like what happened. The bottom line is, make the changes, exit the menu system, and then go back to make sure they are still there.

Another thought process is, does the 45a/47ai keep all those settings in non-volatile memory? Or is there a CMOS-like battery in there to keep that memory powered? That I don't know.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
This is an intersting issue that I have not experieinced but I'm not using DVD-A or SACD.

I vote with a reset - recal - makes changes - check to see if they held. Turn receiver off and back on and check to see if they held.

Also ALL you guys please go over to AVSForum and fill out the Manufacture Date thread. We have a bout 35 users registered there with their equipment.

Just do a search for MikeRP and you'll find it once their search engine is back up.

Thanks

Mike

FRICK FORGET THIS POST - I'M BRAIN DEAD - THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THE 45TX................Sorry!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks