What's new

Elisabeth Rohm haters celebrate... (1 Viewer)

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Regardless of whether the actress was inappropriate for the role or the writing was weak, I'm glad she's moving on. She never seemed to fill in for Angie Harmon, who was by far the best ADA.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Regardless of whether the actress was inappropriate for the role or the writing was weak, I'm glad she's moving on. She never seemed to fill in for Angie Harmon, who was by far the best ADA.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I always liked Jill Hennesy, myself. :)

The constantly changing cast (and the formula which stresses the events and the guest stars of the week over the regulars and especially their non-work lives0 is one of the things that has allowed the show to survive as long as it has. It doesn't get stale because it really isn't the same show that it was. The show lost its only remaining original regular, Stephen Hill, years ago. (And even Hill's status is disputable, since he wasn't the D.A. in the pilot ;)) Yet there has been continuity in that there has always been extensive overlap between the newer characters and the old. Hence Jack McCoy worked with Claire Kincaid and D.A. Adam Schiff, who had started the show with Ben Stone, and McCoy himself has been the bridge between that era and today's series. "The same only different" works pretty well on American TV, as both L&O and CSI have shown. The "mothership" L&O has just proven that within its own history as well as with its spin-offs.

BTW, Trial by Jury is not yet a done deal, and has been pencilled in for a possible fall slot or a mid-season replacement slot. The show isn't even cast yet according to the last thing I read, although the role of Lenny Briscoe is Orbach's to refuse, and Carey Lowell has reportedly been approached about returning as Jamie Ross - though whether she'll return to the D.A.'s office or appear as a recurring defense attorney isn't clear. Candice Bergen is reportedly being considered as one of several rotating semi-regulars who would play judges.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I always liked Jill Hennesy, myself. :)

The constantly changing cast (and the formula which stresses the events and the guest stars of the week over the regulars and especially their non-work lives0 is one of the things that has allowed the show to survive as long as it has. It doesn't get stale because it really isn't the same show that it was. The show lost its only remaining original regular, Stephen Hill, years ago. (And even Hill's status is disputable, since he wasn't the D.A. in the pilot ;)) Yet there has been continuity in that there has always been extensive overlap between the newer characters and the old. Hence Jack McCoy worked with Claire Kincaid and D.A. Adam Schiff, who had started the show with Ben Stone, and McCoy himself has been the bridge between that era and today's series. "The same only different" works pretty well on American TV, as both L&O and CSI have shown. The "mothership" L&O has just proven that within its own history as well as with its spin-offs.

BTW, Trial by Jury is not yet a done deal, and has been pencilled in for a possible fall slot or a mid-season replacement slot. The show isn't even cast yet according to the last thing I read, although the role of Lenny Briscoe is Orbach's to refuse, and Carey Lowell has reportedly been approached about returning as Jamie Ross - though whether she'll return to the D.A.'s office or appear as a recurring defense attorney isn't clear. Candice Bergen is reportedly being considered as one of several rotating semi-regulars who would play judges.

Regards,

Joe

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Hmmm. I've been watching Angel reruns and wondered what ever happened to her. Pretty obvious I don't watch L&O.

I did catch a few episodes here and there. Jerry Orbach owns. So does Sam Waterston. Hmm....Maybe I should've watched the show more....

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
Slightly off topic, but I ran into Jill Hennessy and her new baby in Toronto yesterday and spent a couple of minutes talking to her about babies (my son is 8 months).

She's even more attractive in person, even if she was wearing overalls and had a four-month old strapped to the front of her. :D

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I think he's better when he has a foil to play off of. You could really see it when they brought back Carey Lowell for an episode.

Still, I prefered Michael Moriarty myself. He seemed a guy you underestimated at your peril.

Jason

David Coleman

Supporting Actor

I so agree with both statements!! I loved the character of Ben Stone! His charater was a truly interested in justice. I thought he was a truly impassioned attorney.

As for Jack McCoy. I thought his character was excellent in the early days as he was a crass, almost self-serving prosecutor in total contrast to Ben Stone! The edge is what made him interesting and he was never more interesting as contrasted to Jamie Ross who wouldn't take McCoy's crap! Without his edge McCoy is a neutral character.

Jamie Ross was my favorite assistant as she wouldn't be McCoy's rubber stamp! She was a woman of her own mind and her own ideas. They still haven't found an assistant to equal her role.

I do have to make this comment on Robinette. I always thought in the early days that he was a weaker character but in looking over the past 2 years on DVD his was a strong character that blended well with Stone. No... he never got to try a case but he was good as a investigator and assistant!

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
No one, I said NO ONE, was/is hotter than Angie Harmon. She's the best thing about that mook Sehorn signing with the Rams.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yeah. In addition to the general decline of the show, you can only to the Disciplinary Committee thing so many times.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I liked Serena.

But, I always saw her as more of a foil to Fred Thompson's DA Arthur Branch once he got in there. Sort of her "leftist/feminist" ideals against his "right-wing/good-ol-boy" slant. Although they'd just brush it off as "another day at work" kind of thing, I always laughed at the little comments they would make to each other.

I started watching L&O back when it started (very much remembering Noth, Dzundza/Sorvino, Moriarty and Brooks), but then life got in the way after the first 2 years and I never caught up with it until a little over a year ago. Now I'm catching up with all the re-runs on TNT and most of last season's shows on NBC. This was after both me and my wife got hopelessly hooked on L&O:CI in it's first season.

Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks