What's new

Elementary Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for posting that link. I go to that site every day, but the story must have edged off the front page before I got to it because I never saw it until just now, and I would have read EVERYTHING pertaining to Elementary.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I liked the finale. For part of the episode I thought Michael actually was framing Joan for his suicide (by himself or helper). I might have misheard or misunderstood something, though. One bit of evidence against Joan was the phone call during which he thinks Joan is attacking. Now, I thought the phone call was to the same guy who Michael told Joan had killed himself after finding out the Michael killed his husband. That wouldn't make sense. So was it to someone else?

Interesting interview which provides some answers to our questions about what happened behind the scenes in the finale.
Thanks for that link. It was good to read that Holmes and Watson's love is definitely platonic and there's a possibility they may venture back to New York. The fact that the finale was shot as the 13th episode when they didn't know they would make any more clears up something for me. I found it odd an artificial, story telling wise when Michael announced he was leaving town but promised to be back. Now I know whey they did it, so that they could insert the extra shows in front of the finale.

It's interesting that New York is still a possibility. The FBI is convinced Watson did it and if Holmes comes back he'll be arrested. What kind of relationship would they have with the NYPD after Gregson hung Watson out to dry. Oh the power a scriptwriter has. He/She can create worlds.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Not really a surprise. Miller and Liu had seven year contracts, and the only way they could have afforded to increase their salaries for another run would be if the show was bringing big ad sales to the network. It was profitable in syndication for CBS, but it wasn't garnering ratings to justify even higher costs another season or two would entail.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I finished the season and found it satisfying overall. The increased sentimentality (especially from Sherlock) definitely seemed to be indicating an end to the series, which I didn't mind. The character development and the relationships between them made the various expressions of love and admiration seem natural and well earned. The specific language Sherlock used ("we're two people who love each other") was great, too, though perhaps the writers were forced to use something else because Kitty had already used, "we're not friends, we're family." Ultimately, it worked great for Sherlock to phrase it that way, because it seems to transcend the notion of family, as he ultimately owes her his life.

Even the surprising betrayal by the Captain didn't seem so out of the blue, as we knew from previous episodes how much Gregson was committed to his daughter, and that he was willing to rationalize his actions believing that nothing would come of Malik's investigation (which was indeed very circumstantial and flimsy).

While Michael seemed to be shaping up to be Sherlock's great nemesis, I'm glad it was only because Sherlock was mentally compromised that Michael got as far as he did, and that they didn't drag out the cat-and-mouse dynamics because we've seen so much of that in other series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks